Hi-Point 100/125 downpipe nos

Started by rob w, November 15, 2009, 06:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob w

Top image from spring '74 and spring '75 Hi-Point accessories catalog, may have also been introduced earlier.
Pipe never used, excellent condition.
With nos end cap, nos baffle, and new springs.
$600
Thanks
Bob

firstturn

Bob,
  Send me an email or call me.  Thanks.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

rob w

Hello Ron, Yes I'd be happy to. Will call you tomorrow. Thanks

tooclose racing

That is a great looking and original pipe.  BUT...am I wrong, or does the Penton Muffler Tip actually take away power? I thought the down pipe was about power, baby (via that stinger set-up). [:p]

firstturn

Bob,
  Thanks for the pipe.  Let me know if the money got there.

Bob...Too Close,
  Well when you ask about the tip slowing the Penton down you have to take into consideration what you have done with the rest of the engine.  In a lightly modified (from stock) engine I like a little back pressure.  When I used to build engines we dinoed them and also tested them on the track, but some of the best information came from a flow bench....but you end up spending so much time testing that you get no riding in.  Now I just enjoy building and slow riding what I build...too old and too slow.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

tdthigpen

Ron you ought to get Kevin to copy that pipe I sure would like to try it out

Thom Thigpen
1974 125 Six Days (21c)
1972 125 Six Days
Thomas Thigpen
1974 125 Six Days   1972 125 Six Days (2)

firstturn

Thom,
  Not a problem on this end as I have in the past shared these hard to find parts for reproduction.  I think I need to build a bike around the pipe to see how it works.  Are you going to make it to Diamond Don's again this year?

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

tdthigpen

Looking forword to it.Going to bring 3 Pentons and ride cross country and mx.I hope to have my 17 yr old nephew with me in the cross country if his therapist says its ok.He wrapped his pickup around a tree last christmas eve and suffered severe brain trauma.He has made an unbeliveable recovery so far.The Thigpen family has had a rough couple of years with him and my wifes cancer.How are your treatments going?

Thom Thigpen
1974 125 Six Days (21c)
1972 125 Six Days
Thomas Thigpen

tofriedel

Ron,

I like your robot imitation.  Was that photo taken in Japan?

Brother Tony
Tony

firstturn

Thom,
  Look forward to welcoming your Nephew to Texas and the Penton Family.  It seems like some years just try your Faith, but you are someone I keep in my Prayers as we all have to stay strong.  My treatments are finished and now just constant check ups forever..but M D Anderson is such a wonderful healing place and I thank the Good Lord everyday that we, in America, have such an institution for Cancer Healing to turn to in time of need.

Tony,
  This is taken in Japan and the good looking guy is ASIMO.

http://asimo.honda.com/

Honda is really a Caompany that challenges all phases of leading edge technology.  It was a real honor to return to The Honda Headquarters in Tokyo and see some of the advancements in technology.  I wish everyone with this type of interest could visit the Headquarters and The Honda Collection (Museum).  It is VERY IMPRESSIVE.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

tmc3c

I used to run a down swept pipe on my 125 Penton while flat tracking. It was on a box stock motor and it was a stinger style. I don't know if it made me faster but I sure felt cool!! I can close my eyes and I am there all over again!! Back stretch ..Orangeburg Speedway ..night race and the clay is orange as can be. Ok I am back now sorry guys!![:p]

Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

john durrill

Ron ,
 Would you let us know how the pipe works please. It has some interesting features :).
It would be nice to know where it makes its power.
john d.

firstturn

Bob,
  The pipe was here at the shop when I got back from a trip.  This is a very high quality pipe.  Probably the nicest Penton downpipe I have seen.  I will research the old company in Selma and follow up on that connection.  Thanks Bob.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

tdthigpen

Ron who built it?

Thom Thigpen
1974 125 Six Days (21c)
1972 125 Six Days
Thomas Thigpen

Dave Mitchell

I ran that pipe on my 125, saturday night TT's at Delta motorsport park back in the day.I was cool very cool.And I might add Pentons were very underated on the flat tracks.I used to drop the tubes a little bit in the triple clamps and that bike handled like it was on a string connected to a stake in the center of the track.I'd go home after the race out to the shop put her back to scrambles trim and back to battle Greenberg and the Piasecki's eh Jeff! What a great bike.
Dave