1982 KTM 250

Started by bon21x, January 26, 2002, 10:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bon21x

Hi,

I just picked up a 1982 KTM 250 - will be looking for parts. Would be interested in spare engine - anyone have any suggestions. The one I have is rebuildable but It might be easier to have one in good shape. Let me know.

Dr.2Stroke

I have every part used for this bike,and even new cylinders,heads,pistons,crank cases and gear parts! Reinhard

bon21x

Hi,
Maybe you could help me identify the model and correct year. At first I thought it was a 1983 model but all the pictures I saw showed that most 1983 model were water cooled - mine is air cooled. Here is the engine number: 3-542*09796* and frame number: 830305067. Please let me know what you think.

Best regards,
Eric

Heinz Raidel

According to the KTM vin sheet, serials for the '82 models run from 8106xxxxx through 8205xxxxx  .    The 83 models ran 8206 through 8305.  

If you have an air cooled engine with those numbers... you have proof of an air cooled '83 model.  

Is it a 5 speed or a six speed?

-HR
\\"Sometimes the only mark we make in life is in our shorts.\\"

Dr.2Stroke

This is surly a reed valve steered engine,the last aircooled 250 model. It has the engine type 542 which was built in 82 as a Motocross model and 83 as a Enduromodel. It has only one shock absorber and the exhaust pipe goes back on the left side of the bike.

skipperclyde

I have a set of good cases, a cylinder with built in reed box and intake manifold.  email me if you are interested.