Oil Capacities..Sachs 125 6B and Forks

Started by FMF MX, January 29, 2002, 02:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FMF MX

I know this info has been asked before, but since I wasn't smart enuf to write it down then...Anyway, can someone tell me the capacity of the sachs 1251 6B motor? and what is best to run in it..Also, wud like to know the capacity of the ceriani forks on my bike..Going to try 30wt to firm it up..Thks for the help..

Bart Carrigan
Bart Carrigan

Larry Perkins

The manual calls for 600cc but another 100cc to 700 and I think the clutch will go longer.  The 35mm forks call for 180cc in each leg.  If it is the 32mm I would have to look it up.  Someone that likes 32mm better than me would remember.

FMF MX

OK, I got that...Thks..What are you running for oil..I've heard guys say to use ATF so it won't miss shifts..Whats your feeling on it?

Bart Carrigan
Bart Carrigan

Doug Wilford

Bart;  ATF is not the best oil to use in your transmission  "Golden Spectro"  Transmission oil 80w, 700cc.  This oil is made specificly for motorcycle transmissions. Don't let the 80w throw you, this is actually about a 10/30W weight oil. Please remove the left side cover to change the trans. oil.  The aluminum engine castings must be ageing.  I say this because it is very,very easy to strip out the drain plug, (The one with the 14mm Hex) There are advantages to changing oil by removing the cover. 1 you get out more oil and 2 you can clean out any loose debri or sludge and 3 It is a lot easier to fill!!

FMF MX

Doug & Larry:
OK, I will use GS 80w and thks for the info..I appreciate it.

Bart Carrigan
Bart Carrigan