74-75 Harescrambler Enduro Size Tank

Started by Tim McKinney, December 29, 2009, 03:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim McKinney

Guys

I have a nice solid Harescrambler enduro/off road sized tank that I bought under the pretense that it was the smaller MX size. My bike already has the enduro kit on it so no use to me. I paid $35.00 and $20.00 to ship it, I'll ship it to a fellow pogger for $50.00.

OLD BIKES RULE!!!
OLD BIKES RULE!!!

Charles Gresham

1974 Penton 250 Hare Scrambler
1976 Penton GS6 125
1974 Yamaha MX100
1973 Honda CL 100
1978 Suzuki RM 125
1983 Honda XL 185
1993 Yamaha RT 180

Tim McKinney

Don't know how to add pic's on this forum but would be glad to send some to an e-mail address.

OLD BIKES RULE!!!
OLD BIKES RULE!!!

454MRW

Tim,
Just go to search and type in " How do you post pics " and follow the instructions. Mike

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Pentons-1980 KTM 175-400'S
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

Tim McKinney

You may want to remove the added on graphics although someone did a really neat job, just not my style.
OLD BIKES RULE!!!
OLD BIKES RULE!!!

Dwight Rudder

Randy Kirkbride

Tim,
Are you still looking for an MX tank? Do you need a nice one or one for a rider? I have one that's real nice but needs some repair on the top. If you're still looking, send me an email with your phone # & when I can call & we'll talk. I can send you some pics.  [email protected]
Thanks

thrownchain

Cool stickers, probably the only way to get "fungus" to grow on a Penton.

Tim McKinney

Actually, I think they are air brushed! Imagine going to all that trouble?

OLD BIKES RULE!!!
OLD BIKES RULE!!!

Wesley Miller

Do you still have the tank? I just recently acquired a 75 250 and I do not want to destroy the beautiful tank on it. My wife got me a membership to POG for Christmas and this is my first post. If you still have the tank please e-mail me at [email protected]

Tim McKinney

OLD BIKES RULE!!!

Rain Man

Quotequote:Originally posted by thrownchain

Cool stickers, probably the only way to get "fungus" to grow on a Penton.

If you leave the engines out in the rain for a couple of years, Fungus can be almost impossible to remove. Sometimes even the glass bead machines don't take them off...:(

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Paul Danik

Wesley,

Welcome to the Penton Owners Group message board family, and thanks for the membership in the POG. Hats off to your wife for knowing the perfect gift for you...well possibly a Penton would have been a nice gift also.

I take it from your email address that you might also be into KTM and OSSA machines.  If you feel comfortable telling us a little about yourself please do so.

Either way, welcome aboard.

Paul

Wesley Miller

Yes, I have KTMs and OSSAs. There again, my wife bought my first KTM, a 1979 MC80 about a year after we got married.I have been on KTMs in modern bikes since then. I got into the OSSAs after attending an mx at in 95 Muddy Creek to watch. Some friends were making fun of a Phantom and I told them I would get and ride one there the following year which we did. The first full size two stroke I ever rode was a 72 pioneer. I was working at another dealership in 93 and a guy wanted to trade in a pioneer so I bought it. I kept my eyes open for the right PENTON but either could not find it or did not have the money at the time. After going to the reuion ride this past Oct. I realy had the fever. One of my closest friends, Cliff Cook made me an arrangement for his 75 PENTON I could not turn down. I have only gotten to ride it just up and down the driveway a couple of times and it sure feels stout. Not sure whether to go vintage or post vintage. I also have one of the 97 1/2 Jackpiners along with my modern 200.