Penton Dealer/Service School 2/6/2010

Started by Paul Danik, January 05, 2010, 08:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thrownchain

Last time I was at the museum there was an entrance fee, same this time or do POGgers get in free??

David Laite

From the AMA website:

¡AMA Members: $5
¡Members of national motorcycle organizations: $9
¡Adults: $10
¡Students: (ages 12 to 17) $3
¡Seniors: $8
¡Family Rate: (parents and all single children under 18) $25
¡Children 11 and under: Free

1973 Penton Jackpiner
1982 Yamaha XT200
1982 Yamaha XJ650J Maxim
1987 Yamaha YZ490
2005 Honda CRF450R
1973 Penton Six Day
1973 Penton Jackpiner
1982 Yamaha XT200
1982 Yamaha XJ650J Maxim
1984 Husqvarna 400WR
1987 Yamaha YZ490
2005 Honda CRF450R

garrettccovington

OK, this may sound stupid, Setting the timing.
Again a Video would be great.  Even if all it is just hearing the guys talk.  This might be helpful to people that have nothing to go by.

G

72 six-day
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

Kip Kern

G

I will try to set the timing if I have enough (time):D.  I use the sachs timing gauge and it takes about 15 minutes.

G Ellis

I use a digital gage it takes less than 2 or 3 min, Later Gary

Paul Danik

It looks like Saturday is going to be a beautiful sunny day in Pickerington, Ohio.  Don't forget to bring those Pentons out of storage for the display.

http://www.pentonusa.org/GalleryServerPro/default.aspx?moid=1450&hr=1

Paul

Lew Mayer

Don't think I'm gonna make it over the mountains. Happy Anniversary to Gary and Toni, though.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

thrownchain

Our weather guy says that parts of the US, south of the I 80 corridor are going to get winter this weekend. Safe traveling guys if you're headed to AMA.

tomale

you guys that live in the region around Ohio are so lucky wish I could go to some of the Penton meetings that would be so cool...

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)74'
250 hare scrambler (project bike)
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Paul Danik

Thom,

Be assured, we all sure do wish that you could be here and be a part of the happenings. Part of the reason we do the videos and pictures is to allow folks who could not attend to be as much a part of the events as possible.

I personally have always felt very fortunate to live only 2 1/2 hours from Amherst, Ohio.  I just finished stapling together a hand out for the meeting, it is a copy of the hand out that Penton Imports passed out at the Penton Dealer Service School that I attended on February 12 and 13, 1973. That is about 1 week short of 37 years ago, if my math is correct. Guess what a couple of the topics were from 37 years ago, Motoplat ignitions and Penton 175cc engine work, guess what two of our topics are on Saturday :D  Ignitions and KTM engines, I had no idea about the topics till I had the copies printed up today.

Your comment is very touching.  As the saying goes,
wish you were here.
Paul

Kip Kern

Paul

I'll be hitting the road at 5am tomorrow, supposed to get some snow but will see!:)

joe novak

Kip and fellow POG members,  Everyone might want to log onto //www.weather.com and enter Pickerington, Ohio.  There is snow expected, but only a few inches each day on F and S.   Everyone drive safely and allow adequate time to travel safely.  We intend to travel this evening and stay at a hotel for the night.  Wake and make it to Cracker Barrel for breakfast.  Wife if not interested in the POG meeting all day, so I am sending her with our two young children to COSI (center of science and industry) in Columbus for the day; just 20 minutes away.  Looking forward to meeting all the POG member who attend!   joe

tomale

Thanks Paul, I have never seen any of the video's but it is kind of cool to see some of th pictures.. This site really has been great, I feel like I know so many of you because of all the conversations I have had with all of you over the last 7 years... Wow, it really as been that long, time is fun when your going fast....or something like that....

76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)74'
250 hare scrambler (project bike)
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

hankthecrank

Hi all. Its 1:30 Fri afternoon and Col, OH tv stations are reporting that most school districts are sending kids home early due to the storm. I live in Parkersburg, WV and its raining here with snow later tonight. My wife and I had made plans and reservations to be in Pickerington about now. However, my only mode of transportation at the present time is a Mazda Miata. This is due to a run in with our ever present, always present vermin [ other people call them deer] and my Ford Explorer. The Miata is a W G O S, [ won't go on snow] so we are going to stay home. I'll miss seeing ya'll and ya'll be careful!

Hank Rinehart
Hank Rinehart

slvrbrdfxr

Hi all,
Sorry to say but the weather threat has me staying home this weekeend also. Have a safe trip to all those making the trip to the POG/AMA meeting this weekend and guess we'll see you at New Blaine at the end of March or at Mid Ohio this summer.
Dave McCullough