Desert Monkeys @ WORCS Phoenix

Started by sixdazed, January 29, 2010, 12:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdazed

Fellow Desert Monkey Larry Perkins is at the WORCS race in Phoenix this weekend on the KTM 150XC.Practice today, Larrys race is tomorrow around 3pm.If any POG members want to meet up there-(Speedworld)for an impromptu POG Southwest Chapter meeting,feel free.I'll be up there Sat. by noon i hope.Look for the Desert Monkeys Racing Team Van (Larry's cool coverted ambulance)and/or my blue Ford Raptor f150.Hope to see ya there!
                                             Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

firstturn

Ric,
  I wish I could make it I want to ride in the new Raptor...cool ride.  Tell Larry we said Hi and fill us in on the POG meeting....the first one of the year for POGSWC.  I will try to get over there later this year and you and Skip and I can make it happen again.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

brian kirby

Tell Larry good luck and keep the hammer down!

Brian

'72 Berkshire
Brian

Lloyd Boland

Good luck Larry.  Wish I could be there.

I think two of my guys should be there for Sunday's pro race, Tim Weigand and Trent Pugmire.(I haven't talked to Timmy in a couple weeks.)  Timmy was on the wining Baja 1000 Honda team and on the USA ISDE team.(Gold)  Trent is coming from the motorcross last year and riding for Ty Davis's ZipTy Racing.(Both are obviiously very fast, wish I could ride half as fast as they go.) Hope everyone does well and comes home safe.

Lloyd

jeff greenberg

Good luck Larry!!  Weather should be great as well as the dirt with all the rain from last week.
Jeff

sixdazed

Ron,As always wish you could be here too.Kind of a last minute thing for me as i forgot about it until Larry called yesterday.In my typical last minute style,when i get home from the shop tonite i'll flip a coin to see what i'm riding (vintage or modern),pull a bike out,prep it,then get to Speedworld early enough in am to ride one of the 40 minute unclassified races to get a look at course(since i missed practice today)then ride either the vintage or 50+ modern a race in the afternoon.At least thats the lastest plan-subject to change/modification;)I left Skip a message to see if he can go.  

Will pass on good luck wishes to Larry-i'm sure he will do great!
                                                      Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50

Tflores

Good Luck Team Mates!!!  Wish I was there to support.

Ric Larry please accept some of the luck I offer too!!

Take Care,
Tom Flores

Tom Flores
72 Penton Berkshire
77 Penton MC5 250
78 KTM MC5 125
07 KTM 300XC
Tom Flores
72 Penton Berkshire
77 Penton GS6 250
77 Penton MC5 250
12 KTM 300XCW
76 Honda XR75
73 Honda CB750K3

sixdazed

Tom!!!!!!!
     Fly out!-there's an extra bike for you here[8D]Can pick you up @Tucson airport-about 2hrs. to speedworld from here.You can ride one of my crf450's or my Penton.Call me soon if you decide to go.You have to come out to get your Parker trophy from Larry anyway-Good to hear from you buddy,if you can't come out i'll see you at Laughlin for more Monkeying around[:o)]
                                           Ric
Update from Larry-He crashed on last lap of practice and is ok-the bike kept going down the track 50 feet or so and parked itself leaning against an embankment-that's one well trained KTM:DLarry said he will be a little sore but vowed to ride tomorrow...
ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50

garrettccovington

Good luck and hope to see you guys soon out here

G

72 six-day
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

Larry Perkins

Thanks for all the good wishes and luck.  It is Saturday morning and I am about to head out to the track.  I race today at 3:30.  I feel like a bus hit me.  Last practice yesterday I layed it in a rut berm to corner, and grabbed a handfull of throttle.  I must have been too far back on the seat because I went nowhere and the bike just squirted out from underneath me.  It went down the track, over a jump, and careened to the side of the track sticking into an embankment and did not even fall over. I slammed to the ground and have a good head bruise, shoulder bruise, and a skinned up knee.  I was wearing a knee brace but it cracked the knee cup.  Thank goodness for modern protection.  Like airplane crashes if you can walk away they are good ones.  Rung my bell good but the cobwebs are gone now and on to the show.  I'll let you guys know how it goes.  125A is full of young fast bucks and one old fat guy looking for one more moment in the sun.[8D]

Larry P

firstturn

Larry,
  Jut come back in one piece.  Consistency is making it happen when you are wounded.  Remember you only have to do two things to win....Start and Finish.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

tofriedel

Ric & Larry,

I wish I could be there to cheer you guys, but I am stuck in 25 degree weather back east.

Please have a safe and a high finish ride.  Go Desert Monkey's.

I echo Ron's sage advise - Start and Finish.

Good Luck you guys.

Tony
Tony

Larry Perkins

Took 2nd in 125A.  A consistant but not fast ride.  I always try to take Brother Ron's advice and rode to finish.  Even though I was 2nd I took a whipping from the winner.  Young fast kid that weighed about a 100 pounds and was hard as a rock.  He lapped me on the 6.6 mile course on the last lap.  The course was wicked rough.  Gobs of square edged holes and braking bumps.  The course had it all.  National caliber MX, a Supercross section, technical off-road, fast off-road, an Endurocross bridge made of telephone poles 15 feet above water.  Most every kind of challenge you could ask for.  I would not have asked for the pointy Supercross jumps but I can roll them with the best of the woosies.:D  I am real happy with 2nd after yesterdays crash took some wind out of my sails.  2nd will work and it is for all the old fat guys out there.  Thanks again guys it is always nice to get encouragment from friends.

Tony, it was about 72 degrees here today.  Tomorrow I head back to Missouri and the cold.[xx(]

Larry P

454MRW

Congratulations Larry, good job! I am glad you made it without any more trouble, Ron has always given good advise. Mike

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Pentons-1980 KTM 175-400'S
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

cubfan1968

Way to go guys!!!

Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska