1977 250 Tank on Ebay...(in blue???)

Started by Steve Minor, February 05, 2002, 09:12:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Minor

Decent looking tank on Ebay today....Item #601617378... Says its off a 1977 250....but it's BLUE...did they produce a blue 1977? Could it be an aftermarket?

Steve Minor

Rocket

I would venture to say that it was a west coast model, probably sold as a KTM.  I just sold a 77 250 GS6 and the underneath of the side panels were blue and the rest of the bike was orange and it had Penton on the tank.
Rocket

Dr.2Stroke

was the original color as they were delivered of the factory at the enduro models here in europe in 77. could be that it was yet sold as KTM.was a decent blue with black stickers "world champion". I have as the tanks as the NOS stickers! regards Dr.2stroke

Steve Minor

I just found it strange....my 77 400 gs6 has orange/yellow panels on the outside and solid yellow undersides....and an orange Penton tank.....

Edited by - steve minor on 02/05/2002  8:45:59 PM
Steve Minor

Mike Lenz

If interested in buying remember the GS tanks Are different than the mx tanks. Different frame and mounting.

teamkbasa

I have what appears to be a 77 MC5 in my garage and the bodywork is blue with yellow number ovals.

The stickers are long gone and have been replaced by some tacky square KTM stickers.

dave
san rafael, CA

Dirt bike newbie
Dirt bike newbie