81 KTM 495 Piston?

Started by MichaelKitt, February 08, 2010, 07:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichaelKitt

Anyone out there have a '81 "piston port" piston, 92.75 Factory oversized, or Wiseco 92.84 piston? I have found a couple of 93.09 Wiseco pistons that might be my only option. Also a rod, rumor has it a KTM 500 rod will work, but I don't know which one. Any help would be great.
Hope to on the track this summer.

Thanks,
Mike

tofriedel

Mike,

Go to this site and pose your question.

http://www.ktm495.mxbikes.com/

Then search for Denny Liegerot Jr. He had 495 pistons some Wiseco pistons made up for both 81 & 82 495's.  He was also talking about getting rods produced.

Tony
Tony

MichaelKitt

Thanks for the input. I've tried getting a hold of Denny, couple emails and a phone message. As far as I can tell he's out of stock on the piston, according to Vintage Iron. The hunt continues... I forgot to post on Ktm495.mxbikes.com.

Dr.2Stroke

i dont think that you will find the piston and con rod cheaper than from  Steve Ling in Lyons, colorado.
 he told me that you already called him, and the 93,09 pistons are out of stock for a long while from Dennis liegerot.
but Steve has one!
the watercooled 500 con rod kits do not fit sincev there is another crank pin in the 495 crank.

Britt Boyette

If you want to buy 10 of them, Wiseco will do a special run for you. Possibly in assorted sizes too.

Britt Boyette
1976 125 MC5
1975 250 HS
Britt Boyette

77 Husky WR250
76 RM370
06 KX450f flat tracker/ MX racer
09 Kawasaki Versys

joe novak

Britt,   Please share more of your knowledge of WISECO and custom Penton/KTM pistons.   Are you saying that if one orders 10 pistons, that they will do the job?   Do they supply rings for the pistons?  Thank you,   Joe

john durrill

Joe,
 Looks like no one has tried this so...
Here is some info from Wiseco that may help you with the leg work.

Powersports Custom Pistons
Wiseco engineers specialize in building custom forged pistons to your exact specifications. These pistons are made using the exact same forging process as our shelf stock parts only they are built from the ground up using specifications or example pistons given by the customer. We have been making custom pistons for all segments in powersports for decades, so you can trust us with a quality build. We pride ourselves in being able to manufacture just about any piston when other companies may so no because it does not fit into their mold of manufacturing. Wiseco's process is built to handle just about any project you can throw at us. If you would like a custom piston built please reference out customer service page and fill out a custom piston request and we will notify you with a price quote and minimum order quantity.

Request form.

( http://www.wiseco.com/Catalogs/Powersports/CustomOrderPowersports.pdf )

john d.

Britt Boyette

I talked to Sue from Wiseco at the Indy Dealer show and that's what she told me. She also mentioned that they already do it for a few other vintage vendors and that you can do different oversizes for your production run. I think rings, clips and the pin come with the set. They can also do a run of things like clutch baskets too.. I would just call them and ask for Sue.

Britt Boyette
1976 125 MC5
1975 250 HS
Britt Boyette

77 Husky WR250
76 RM370
06 KX450f flat tracker/ MX racer
09 Kawasaki Versys