Stoner Swap Meet

Started by thrownchain, February 11, 2010, 02:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thrownchain

Will Stoner Swap Meet in York, Pa, on March 21. Anybody planning on attending??

454MRW

I'd like to go, but I have to verify that the upcoming Corvette show in Sevierville TN. that I will be working at is not on the same weekend. Mike
I just checked, and the Corvette show is the following week, so it looks like I need to start rounding up parts[8D].

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Pentons-1980 KTM 175-400'S
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

ALB

I have marked my calendar and am planning on attending.

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

willstoner

I hope all POG members can join us in York! POG can have a complimentary space to promote the group. Let me know, Paul.

Additionally, mention that you are a POG member at the door and get $1.00 off the admission price.
Note: The swap meet will be in Memorial Hall East, not Old Main Building.

Will

thrownchain

Be nice to be able to have all the Penton people in the same general area.

Anybody recommend inexpensive lodging??

David Laite

I would like to make it but it's a hike for me, about eight hours each way. York hotels are around $59, Harrisburg is cheaper check Hotwire.

1973 Penton Six Day
1973 Penton Jackpiner
1982 Yamaha XT200
1982 Yamaha XJ650J Maxim
1987 Yamaha YZ490
2005 Honda CRF450R
1973 Penton Six Day
1973 Penton Jackpiner
1982 Yamaha XT200
1982 Yamaha XJ650J Maxim
1984 Husqvarna 400WR
1987 Yamaha YZ490
2005 Honda CRF450R

thrownchain

Got a room at Motel 6 for less than $45.

thrownchain

Scott Brogan, Are you going to be in attendence at York???

Also check your order form, price typo in the sweatshirt listing..

scott brogan

Hey Guys  I'm thinking about going but not sure?

Paul Danik

Thrownchain,

We put a new battery in the POG calculator and hopefully the new tally is correct for the POG sweatshirts, thanks for the heads up :).

To all,

I just got off the phone with Will Stoner and he has graciously provided the POG with a complimentary space at the March 21 York swapmeet. Will also stated that any of you folks who want to get a space near the POG spot can do so, just let him know that you want to be included in the Pentonville area.

I don't know for sure how many years Will has been in the swapmeet game, but I do know that his events have always been topnotch and family orientated.  I will also state that Will has always bent over backwards to help out the clubs, I know this personally from not only the POG but also from the Ohio Valley BSA Owners Club, and there are many more I can assure you.

Hope to see many of you, and your "stuff", at York..

Paul

thrownchain

Scott, if you show up, I'll be buying shirts, as well as a winter jacket if you bring them..

Paul Danik

The POG easy-up is sitting here ready for the trip and once again we want to thank Will for the POG booth space. Any of you folks who are coming to the swapmeet and want to bring a Penton to display in the club area please do so. We would also like to invite any of you Penton folks to hang around the booth and be ambassadors for the marque and the club. This link is for Will's website
http://www.classicswapmeets.com/

If you are looking for something else to do while in the York area I would highly recommend visiting the Antique Automobile Club of America museum in Hershey, PA which is about 35 miles away.  As a matter of fact I will recommend that you make a weekend of it and head to Hershey on Saturday morning and plan on spending some serious time at the AACA Museum. One of the highlights of the Museum is the "Fast from the Past" motorcycle display that the Antique Motorcycle Club of America has on display in the lower level of the Museum.  Ed Youngblood is the curator of this display and a couple of beautiful machines from the Gallagher collection owned by Mike Sr. and Mike Jr. are included in the awesome display including a beautiful Steel Tanker.  Judy and I visited the Museum a couple of weeks ago and I highly recommend a visit, even Judy enjoyed it :)

AACA Museum link  http://www.aacamuseum.org/

While you are in Hershey you will need to eat.
http://www.hersheypantry.com/

Hope to see you in Hershey and York..........
Paul

Paul Danik

Just a reminder, this is the weekend for the swapmeet.  I spoke with Al Buehner yesterday,  he said he will be heading out today to set up his parts booth.  

Watching Al and Rosemary set up their Penton parts booth is almost worth the trip in itself.  Watching him unload all of his booth and parts from his mini van reminds me of watching 17 clowns coming out of a Volkswagen Beetle at the circus, I have no idea how he packs so much stuff in that vehicle  :)

We will be setting up the POG easy up Sunday morning, feel free to drop by and join the fun and bring a Penton along to display if you wish.

Hope to see you there.
Paul