Husky 250 WR

Started by Paul Danik, March 20, 2010, 03:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

I have a 1976 Husky 250 WR Cross Country that came from the original owner just outside of Cleveland, it has no lights and I assume that is what makes it a Cross Country instead of an enduro.   He stated that he bought the bike new from Johnny Cobb, he thought that Johnny might have gotten the bike for him thru Penton Brothers but he isn't sure and there is nothing on the bike to indicate what Husky dealer it came thru.

According to the original owner the Barum tires on the bike are the original ones, they are still in very good condition with almost no wear.  He stated that the only items not original on the bike are the front fender and the hand grips.  I have looked the bike over very closely and I think he is correct. The seat has no tears, the cables look original as do the lever covers. The pipe has no dings, the tank has a couple of scratches on the top.

The frame number is ML 06293, the engine has two numbers, 2051 and then 0435.

The bike starts easy and runs great. It looks to be very correct except for the above mentioned items.  It would be perfect for a rider, or clean it up and keep it as a survivor or do a tear down and repaint it.  The painted items do show some years but are still in very good condition.  A couple of rubber straps are dry rotted.

I will have the bike with me at the York swapmeet, I will entertain a full or partial swap for "most anything" Penton, or an outright sale, we can discuss value at York. If you are into Huskies and will be at York please stop by and confirm my thoughts or give me an education.

I sure wish it was a Penton :)

Thanks
Paul

pentons4evr

my uncle johnny was a husky dealer it probably came off of his showroom floor.I have a couple of pictures of a whole floor of his huskys