Steel Tank Questionnaire

Started by t20sl, March 27, 2010, 08:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

t20sl

A lot of time has passed since this steel tank project was launched.  My question is has the data been diagnosed and published any where?  I would like to see the developmental timeline via serial numbers.  thanks, Ted

Doug Wilford

Some day in the vary patient future your question may have an answer.   The Steel Tank book has not been forgotten.  We (POG) are a
lot like any large group of workers.   We know the house is burniing,but there are so many small fires in the yard we don't seem to procure the time to put them all out.   Our biggest set back seems to be illustrations.    To take pictures of all the changes in just the 68 will take half the book.  The Penton has no model year.
We tried to keep records of the changes and relate the times of the year that they showed up on the production Penton.   This procedure kept the factory busy and the newest trick stuff in the hands of the Penton owner.   Have Fun! Doug W.

hotrod392

I too would be very excited to see this completed. I have acquired a number of early steel tankers over the last few years (in various states of completion) and am looking forward to getting more data to assist in restoration.
Thanks in advance to anyone working on it.
Shane