Radelli Rims @ 1972 Six Day

Started by Harris, February 14, 2002, 08:51:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harris

I just received two new Radelli rims from Waldridge Motors in Cananda....I had been waiting for six months. Anyway, the new rims do not have the ridge or rib on the inside outer edge(the one that creates the little valley that held on the dirt)like the original rims have. I want to keep the look just like the original.
Does anyone have any suggestions? Did I get the wrong rim? The part numbners were WM1/21, and WM2/18. These were numbers that I picked up on the POG Forum.
I have a good straight 18" rear rim, a little rusty though, can I get it re-chromed, and what kind of price would It cost? Also, If re-chroming is the way to go, does anyone have a usable 21" front rim?
Thanks for any help.
Harris @ Blue Ridge Mountains

Chris Brown

Harris,
I had two rims and some misc parts rechromed for $120 and they looked like new.
I thought the Radelli rims were the correct ones too. What a shame. They should take them back and refund your money.
Chris Brown

Harris

Chris,
That is my plan. Did you pay $120 per rim? Who did you use to re-chrome?

Chris Brown

I paid $120 for 3 or 4 pieces including the rims. I think there was the pipe guard, a couple of other small pieces. Santa Ana Plating in Santa Ana California did the work. They do a ton of chrome work every month, lots of car wheels. They will accept your parts via delivery for plating. They're not fast, but their work is good and they are reasonably priced.

Their webpage: http://santaanaplating.com/

I did a lot of shopping around before I found these guys. Another shop quoted me more than double.
Chris

BTW, your return email address failed, hence the post here.

[email protected]

Harris, You got correct Radelli rims for your 1972 Six Day.  All of my 3 Six Days have original rims and the new rims I bought (like yours) match exactly like them.  If you still don't like them, I would be more than happy to buy them from you.  Thanks.  Tom

[email protected]

Harris, what a big embarrassment for me!  You are absolutely right about the ridge or rib on the Radelli rims!  I examined the rims of my 3 bikes and discovered that all do have ridges.  Now I don't know what to do with my set of new Radelli rims.  Should I feed them through the shredder?!?  My apologies.  Tom