Question on Marzocchi shocks

Started by rich allison, April 27, 2010, 07:26:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rich allison

Came upon one of those barn finds we are all looking for,4 bultacos and a honda step thru unfortunatly no Pentons. There is a 74 200 Pursang MK 8 with what look like marzocchi air shocks. They look to be in pretty good shape, can anybody tell me anything about these. Probably will ebay the bike, should I keep the shocks?   thanks Rich

Rich
Millersburg,Ohio
Rich

marsattacks

I think oem would have been Betor remote reservoirs. At that time I'm pretty sure Franco required all parts on Spanish bikes to be made in Spain. I have them on my Frontera and they are so-so. Yours Could have been swapped out of course.
Mars Attacks!
68 Planetary/Lunar Lander (very sadly, sold with Gamma death-ray to the Italians)
78 400 MC5 also sadly sold
79 space rock shox bike

hanksie

Hey Rich, If they are zook`s,they should have a air fill valve on the reservoir,Betors were sealed.4 Buls? Did ya find one of Crandall`s lost stashes?   Bill     P.S. The Piner is doing fine.

rich allison

Yes they do have the air valves, how much air? Crandall was down the next day after I brought them home trying to talk me out of the Campera and the Tyron, looks like a Mini Sherpa T. Of all the bikes I've rebuilt and sold I still regret selling the Piner, but I'm glad its been a good bike for you.   Rich

Rich
Millersburg,Ohio
Rich

Rocket

I offer rebuild kits for the Marzocchi shocks if you are going to keep them.
Rocket

BrianTaylor

Rod can u send me an email off list .. Looking for 2 12mm buffers and maybe some other parts for these shocks off a Hercules ... thks Brian  [email protected]

Brian Taylor
Brian Taylor

Tom McPeek

I would be interested in the shocks  Can you send a pic  w/ length and price  [email protected]   Thanks Tom

78 400 MC5,77 250 MC5, 250 , 74 YZ360A & 250A  ,85 IT200,
74.5 Harescrambler 250MX, 74 YZ360A & 250A  ,85 IT200, RM100,250,400

rich allison

Left the zokes on the Pursang and some guy from Spain bought it.

Rich
Millersburg,Ohio
Rich