Hi-Price Hi-Point Fender

Started by marsattacks, May 09, 2010, 06:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marsattacks

I would bet this is a record. An NOS Falk/Hi-Point front fender just went for $125+ on ebay. It is sort of interesting to see bidders placing repeat bids as though it were a live auction, which drives up the price contrary to "time-limited" bid theory -- but that practice is good for sellers. I'm guessing that whomever won it (a) really wanted it badly since even non-snipers were bidding to the 80+ level; and (b) probably used a sniping tool. "Value" is what the market will bear but there also are anomolies. Ebay's encouragement of repeat bidding seems to have provoked lots more sniping. If you are a buyer you might as well snipe though I think sellers might be able to block snipers too. I would bet sniping opinions break down pretty evenly along buyer/seller lines. :)

Mars Attacks!

Mars Attacks!
68 Planetary/Lunar Lander (very sadly, sold with Gamma death-ray to the Italians)
78 400 MC5 also sadly sold
79 space rock shox bike

Larry Perkins

About 10 years ago I had about 50 of those fenders.  Got $20 to $30 each and thought I killed the fat hog.  Oh well, life in the hindsight/foresight game.

Larry P

bkinnon

I remember when Larry had a batch for sale. Probably 7 or 8 years ago. I bought four sets as well as two sets of number plates/side covers. "I needed them" was what I told my wife when she asked about yet another debit card transaction showing up. They are still in the plastic wrap in my shop today, so I guess the $200 I spent was a good investment. I still need them though..
Downeast Pentons- Central Division

gooddirt

I will sell mine $99.77  was to go on my mc-80; also have a NOS rear for 1981 onward. LG ( some snipers are not real men:D)