Jerry Pacholke

Started by Paul Danik, May 29, 2010, 10:21:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

I had a chance encounter with a gentleman recently who had a Penton and a pile of Penton items he wanted to sell. When he spelled his last name for me, I commented that there was an enduro rider with a very similar last name and his first name was Jerry, "that's my cousin" he responded. Vern Pacholke was also mentioned by this gentleman and he said they rode Puchs.

For some reason I thought that Jerry also rode a Penton, can any of you guys fill in a few blanks on these guys? If I am not mistaken the name Pacholke was pretty well known in enduro circles back in the day.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Paul

Jeff D

Jerry did the Six Days in 69, 70, 71 and 72.  Last time I saw him was at Park Hills for the 5th or 6th Reunion.  He was riding a Triumph Cub.  Can't remember if he was at the Dalton Reunion, but likely.  I have addresses for both Vern and Jerry in Ohio, but I seem to remember Jerry riding some of the NETRA enduros when I was a kid.

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell

dennis brown

the pachokes owned a moyorcycle shop in northern ohio i rode some enduros with them i belive they sold bultacos,puch

dennis l.brown
dennis l.brown

Kip Kern

Jerry and his son Todd were at Dalton on Jerry's Puchs.I haven't heard from Todd for awhile, he used to be a police officer here in town and later, became a railroad detective.  Fantastic people and excellent riders!

Tom McPeek

They own H&H Cycle in Eastlake,Ohio (Honda Dealer)   My father bought my 1977 Honda CT70 (still have it) , and 1979 XR80 from them. They are still there and work on mowers etc.

78 KTM250 MC5,77 Penton 250 MC5
74.5 Harescrambler 250MX, 74 YZ360A & 250A  ,85 IT200, RM100,250,400

Paul Danik

Thanks for the responses.  I had no idea that Jerry was from Ohio.
His cousin did mention going to Puch dealer school in the mid to late 70s in the Amherst / Cleveland area.

Thanks again,
Paul