KTM 200 xc-w (2006) for sale

Started by lksseven, June 09, 2010, 12:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lksseven

I'm selling my KTM 200 xc-w.  I love that bike, but I'm just not riding it at all.  Gonna keep the Pentons and ride in the RR, but I won't be riding in the dirt as a pasttime/hobby on the weekends anymore (although I do think I might ocassionally take the Trials bike out to put around on, which speaks to the roots of my dad and me).  I've reached an age where riding fast enough to be engaging and interesting puts too high a price in the form of aches, pains, injuries.

It's a 2006, creampuff (which is my code word for 'ridden by a slow/careful rider'), KTM aftermarket carbon fiber engine shield and carbon fiber exhaust pipe rock shield installed.  I suspect a price range of $3,000 to $3,500 is about the going rate (but you may have a clearer sense of that than I do).

Larry Seale
I choose to ride...slower and slower all the time
Larry Seale

454MRW

Larry,
You're from Tulsa, right? I just passed through there last Wednesday delivering a bike on my way home From Texas to Illinois and after stopping in at Dave McCulloughs' place in Owasso OK. Are you interested in any Penton Trades, or just outright sale? This bike would be one that definitely interests me, and that my son could eventually grow into. Will you be attending Mid-Ohio? Thanks, Mike Winter. Newton, IL. 62448 [email protected]

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Pentons-1980 KTM 175-400'S
Michael R. Winter
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

lksseven

Quotequote:Originally posted by 454MRW

Larry,
You're from Tulsa, right? I just passed through there last Wednesday delivering a bike on my way home From Texas to Illinois and after stopping in at Dave McCulloughs' place in Owasso OK. Are you interested in any Penton Trades, or just outright sale? This bike would be one that definitely interests me, and that my son could eventually grow into. Will you be attending Mid-Ohio? Thanks, Mike Winter. Newton, IL. 62448 [email protected]

Michael R. Winter
1974 250 HS Pentons-1980 KTM 175-400'S

Hi, Michael.

I sent you an email.

To other readers -
I'm going to sell the bike outright.  I won't be at Mid-Ohio.  If someone is going from this direction and would be willing to take it up there for Mike's or another's perusal and subsequent cash purchase, I'd be happy to send it with them and help with the gas/air drag expense.

Larry Seale
Larry Seale

Rain Man

My sentiments too. I'm glad to here I'm not the only one. It drives my buds crazy going 20 mph in the woods and 40mph on the traverse roads. And after 40 or so years, I'm still able to do 100 miles every weekend.  
 Now how many miles on the Katoom?

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

lksseven

Quotequote:Originally posted by Rain Man

My sentiments too. I'm glad to here I'm not the only one. It drives my buds crazy going 20 mph in the woods and 40mph on the traverse roads. And after 40 or so years, I'm still able to do 100 miles every weekend.  
 Now how many miles on the Katoom?

Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Hi Raymond,

Glad I'm not alone!

Miles?  Yeesh, I don't know.  I seem to remember Dave McCullough telling me that the computer keeps track of the miles or the hours, even if the little watch battery for the display unit is run down.  I'll ask him - or someone here please pitch in - to tell me again (slower, haha).

I bought a 2003 Audi sedan in Oct 2002, now almost 8 years old, with 54,000 miles on it.  I don't drive it very often, obviously, (I zip around most of the time in my 2000 Nissan Frontier pickup) except for road trips to Dallas or OKC or St Louis.  The Audi is in so-close-to-showroom condition - It's a good analogy to the condition/driving stress of my KTM.  

Dave can attest to its baby treatment and the very good condition of the bike, as I've ridden with him a fair amount of the time I've been on it (and he's waiting, waiting, waiting in the woods for me to catch up).  I've never wound it out like a mad man, and never wrecked it.  I've toppled off of it several times grabbing a handful of clutch and front brake and putting my foot down on the downhill side of a slope, though!

Larry Seale
Larry Seale

lksseven

Larry Seale

Rain Man

It sure looks to be in great condition for the year.  Mines a 07 and has 3.5k miles and looks like its been through a rock crusher. :(

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

slvrbrdfxr

Hi all,
I can attest to the fact that Larry's bike is a very nice low time machine and you would not be disappointed in buying from him. Quite frankly, if I had the cash I'd upgrade from my 2004 200 EXC and buy it myself but just can't swing it right now. If someone on the site buys it from him I'll make a spot in my trailer and haul it to VMD for $100. Let me know if I can help.
Dave McCullough

lksseven

Thanks for the plug, Dave.  

Bike is still available.

Larry Seale
Larry Seale

lksseven

My KTM is still for sale.  I can bring it to Reunion Ride in Arkansas this Fall.  Hopefully the temp will drop under 100 degrees by then!!!!!

Larry Seale
Larry Seale