AHRMA Road America award.

Started by Dale Fisher, June 15, 2010, 11:37:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale Fisher

I was please to see a Penton in action on the awards recieved at Road America.  Any thoughts on who it might be?

Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

brian kirby

I believe that is Ryan Penton at this years New Blaine ISDT Qualifier.

Brian
Brian

Larry Perkins

Penton, Penton, Man that name rings a bell.:D

Indeed, that is Ryan.

Larry P

Tflores

Yep!  That was my team mate Ryan.  Ryan and Jack will get a kick out of this one.

Tom Flores

Tom Flores
72 Penton Berkshire
77 Penton MC5 250
78 KTM MC5 125
07 KTM 300XC
Tom Flores
72 Penton Berkshire
77 Penton GS6 250
77 Penton MC5 250
12 KTM 300XCW
76 Honda XR75
73 Honda CB750K3

RyanP

Looks really fast whoever he is.

Paul Danik

Must have used a high speed setting on the camera :)

How did the event go?

Paul

Dale Fisher

Overall I think the weekend went well although the participation was light.  There were 31 pre-entries in cross-country, 84 for vintage motocross, 57 for post-vintage, and a couple dozen trials riders.  There seemed to be a decent run of vintage road racers and they were also running supermotard.  I was pleased to meet and speak with Don Rickman and as he was passing by I had him stop to see the Cheney.  There were some new and old Penton riders in attendance.  I thought the grass motocross track that Dick Mann and others designed was a blast (soon to be repeated with Mountainfest).  There looked to be a complete but rusty steel-tanker for sale at the swap meet and I parked next to three Pentons for sale by the trials event.  Two of them were Jackpiners the other a Berkshire.  I have contact information and pictures for Mark Wessels a Wisconsin resident if anyone is interested in them.

Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

tlanders

The grass track was indeed a delight to ride. My Mint 400 led the first lap of the first moto, 7 in the class, we won't discuss what happened thereafter but the flat front tire didn't help!!!! My son Alex and his friend Patrick came up from Chicago and Alex ran his first race in three years on my Piner. Both he and Patrick had a ball.

I had great reservations about going to this event since it is so far away from most of our cross country riders, but the event was fun because so much going on like Mid Ohio. The constant screaming of the road racers in the back ground, the Johnsonville brats, the weekend was really fun. The cross country course separated the men from the boys, very difficult and tiring. Chicago Jerry did a terrific job of laying it out.

I'm pretty sure we are going to schedule this again next year and hope to see more Penton Owners Group folks there.

Teddy