Ready to Sell 1968 Steel Tanker

Started by chad stegall, June 22, 2010, 05:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chad stegall

I finally went to my dad's and got the bike out of the barn and washed up. This weekend I'll get some pictures but I wanted to get the word out.  It is complete except for the original throttle cable. The headlight, speedometer, and tailight are in good shape and it has the original metal fenders and aftermarket rubber fenders.The engine and frame look really good, the front forks are great including the chrome.  The down falls are the wheels are pretty rusty(need re chromed) although the spokes look good.  The gas tank is dented and probally has pinholes  in it. I dont have the seat foam but I do have the base and another seat that was rigged up for it.The frame and pipe has some surface rust but an easy restore. Let me know if your interested , the bike is in Burlington Iowa. Once I get the picks I'm going to put it on ebay if noone is interested here.

Paul Danik

You might consider bringing your Dad and the Penton to Vintage Days.  Your bike would be a great addition to the Penton display in Pentonville and I am sure you guys would enjoy meeting John.

Paul

joe novak

Hello Chad,  You Penton is likely what I have been looking for!  If I remember correctly, it was an almost original 68 Penton 100 or 125 which was originally your Dad's and has been in your family forever.   I think you said it turned over (not locked engine, but does not run at this time).   I live in Ohio, and was out to Iowa last early Fall.  What a beautiful and peaceful trip that was.  I think it was straight West from here.  You can contact me personally at [email protected]    Thank you,   Joe

hotrod392

Chad,
I would be interested in getting pictures as well. I have a couple of '68 models and really like the early bikes.
Your dad's sounds like a neat original bike.
Thanks
Shane Weckerly
[email protected]

chad stegall

I put the bike with pics on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220656425910&_trksid=p2762.l1259

If anyone wants to come to Iowa to look at it let me know. I want it to end up in good hands.