250 ISDT replica info

Started by Joetravelall, February 22, 2002, 09:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joetravelall

I am looking for any and all the information I can get on a 250 ISDT Replica. I think it's a mid 70's.
Thanks Joe

Joe Rhodes
Joe Rhodes

Joetravelall

Come on; someone must know something!

Edited by - joetravelall on 03/08/2002  1:22:59 PM

Edited by - joetravelall on 03/08/2002  1:29:05 PM
Joe Rhodes

Joetravelall

Edited by - joetravelall on 03/08/2002  1:26:47 PM
Joe Rhodes

Joetravelall

Edited by - joetravelall on 03/08/2002  1:27:15 PM
Joe Rhodes

Joetravelall

Edited by - joetravelall on 03/08/2002  1:27:45 PM
Joe Rhodes

Joetravelall

Edited by - joetravelall on 03/08/2002  1:21:15 PM
Joe Rhodes

Joetravelall

Come on.

Edited by - joetravelall on 03/08/2002  1:22:06 PM
Joe Rhodes

Joetravelall

Edited by - joetravelall on 03/08/2002  1:28:15 PM
Joe Rhodes

Joetravelall

Edited by - joetravelall on 03/08/2002  1:28:43 PM
Joe Rhodes

Joetravelall

Come on; someone must know something! It was a 74 or 75 I think. Orange in color and the gas cap had something inscribed about 250 ISDT Champ,and the hardest seat I think I have ever sat on. That was in 1987 and I have not seen one since or can find anything on the bike. I just wanted to know more about it. Thanks Joe
and I cannot find out about

Joe Rhodes
Joe Rhodes

Joetravelall

SORRY ABOUT THE MANY POST. A MESSAGE WINDOW CAME UP AND REQUESTED A RETRY EVERY TIME I TRIED TO POST "IT DID NOT POST CORRECTLY AND THE PAGE NEEDED TO BE REFRESHED". SO I KEPT TRING TO REPOST. NEXT TIME I WILL HIT CANCEL.

AGAIN SORRY ABOUT THAT
JOE

Joe Rhodes

Edited by - joetravelall on 03/08/2002  1:36:31 PM
Joe Rhodes

Mike Lenz

You may be refering to the 10 year aniversary edition GS bikes of 1977? They had decals on them that said something about the ISDT. I have a sidepanel from one. Pentons were only orange in 76 and 77. N eed more details to answer anything more.

Joetravelall

Thanks Mike, Yes it could have been a 1977. I
though the guy said 75, but that was almost 15 years ago. I had a picture of it until last year when my 4 year old found it and used it in some of his art. It was orange with black letters. Is their anything you can tell me about 10 year aniversary edition.
Joe Rhodes

Mike Lenz

Most all the bikes sold in 77 had the 10th aniv stickers on them, unlike the recent 30th aniv bikes. But today to have one is sure cool. I have a 77 250 mc-5 show bike and a 77 400 racer. The last year of the Pentons, The mc-5's were introduced in 76 and were a couple years ahead of there time. I had the 13th one produced, a prototype Penton let me have to campaign the Florida winter series and the 76 national mx series. It had a few teething problems and I didnt do too well in the standings but the production models were very good and again set new standards for the industry. It amazes me to think of all the standards that The penton/KTM partnership set. I used to have a list that I had up in my shop later when I became a dealer. I wish I could remember all of them, maybe someone could help. Just a few I can remember were; a electronic ign, magnesium hubs, a tranny completly on roller bearings, a swingarm completly on roller bearings, a frame breathing frame, 7 inches of rear wheel travel with 7 positions of shock mounting, dog leg levers, folding shift levers, aircraft inspired frame construction, the first "500" cc bike, one of the first bikes with a removable rear sub frame, the first production bike with upsidedown forks, one of the first prod bikes with disk brakes, one of the first prod four stroke competive off road bikes, the first european competive 125 of the 80's, the second lightweight fourstroke and the first reliable one of the 90's, its been an incredable ride MR Penton and KTM...keep it up!