THE PENTONMAN SAYS GOODBYE

Started by Larry Perkins, February 25, 2002, 03:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gooey

It is with a Heavy heart that I say "Farewell, Penton man" .... You dont know this, but you were a HUGE part of my decision to goof around with old bikes.  

I was gazing thru a Walnecks one day, and saw an article about AHRMA, and got on he net and found a Jackpiner in my state, ... I was always a lil mystified by Pentons, so I bought it. It was then that I came into contact with you, Larry, and you told me some thigs just the way they were .... even though it wasnt what I wanted to hear, I took it all in .... Even though I wound up on Maico's I have respected the amount of knowledge and willingness to shre that knowledge that can be found around the Penton camp.  I decided early on that with people like you in the vintage hobby, it could be a great deal of fun.

I only met you once, and only very briefly, but believe me Larry, I view you as a friend and the hobby and all in it will feel your absence one way or another.

Thank you for all you did, whether you knew it or not.

dave

Larry, I cant say that I knew you very well but I did buy something from you and the transaction was good. I appreciate all the help you gave me at the time, it has helped me alot! Good luck in the future!

Larry Perkins

You guys are too kind.  Thank you very much.

To dispell rumors I am only retiring from racing I am still working and have a bit before I can retire that way.  Also I do plan on keeping a Penton or two and will still ride though mostly on my modern bike.  I will probably go to Mid-Ohio and the ISDT Reunion.

pketchum

Omigod!  Say it's not true!  I only was able to ride with Larry one time and he's a really neat guy.  Hope to see you around the MOVMX series, and other tracks Larry.  It's hard to keep a good man down.

Phast Phil
Moderator, Hodaka Owners Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hodaka
Phast Phil
Moderator, Hodaka Owners Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hodaka