Cory Buttrick - 2010 VMD M/O

Started by rob w, July 11, 2010, 01:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob w

Cory Buttrick - July 10, 2010 - Mid-Ohio VMD - MX

Jeff D

Not to take anything away from the BajaMonkey or any of the other POG competitors, but it is so cool to see a young gun with the hots for old bikes!

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell

Larry Perkins

Jeff,

There were a decent amount of young guys.  I think the kid that was 3rd in 100 B was 12 and weighed about 75 pounds.  A tiny guy but it is mgreat they are out there giving the old bikes a try.  They are the hope that our sport survives us.  Watching young guys like Cory and Adam that wail on these bikes is always a blast.  They might be old bikes but those young guns do it like it was meant to be done!

Larry P

SouthRider

Wow - what a difference in looking at pictures of US (old guys) from any vintage event - to seing these pics.

Suspension engaged - aggressive riding posture - bikes leaned over & dug into the turf - the riders weight even looks appropriate for the bike.

Reminds me of the pictures from when these bikes were originally used.

Now if we could just do something about their god-awful riding gear.......
_____________________________________________________________________________________

\\"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing.\\"

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax

Dale Fisher

Attached is the link to the AMA article on Cory and Adam.  Great work guys!

http://www.ama-cycle.org/news/story.asp?id=2097
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

ALB

Congratulations Cory on sucessfully defending your championship and sharing this year's title with your team mate.

A big thank you belongs to Kent Knudson and his team Pentovarna who made this possible for the 2nd year in a row. I was happy to see his name mentioned this year in the AMA press release. He is doing his part to keep the Penton name alive and show the vintage racing world that the Penton/ KTM brand bikes are capable of winning against the Japanese brands. You have been walking in John Penton's footsteps and I am sure that he is happy and proud for what you are doing.

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

Mike Burgess

Clark, You and i both are well aware of the fact that if Dad's lookin down on you riding that beautiful Berkshire he built you and the suspension is not engaged,aggressive posture, power on and so forth he's not going to be a happy camper. As far as the riders gear these days, Your showing your age moaning about it. I work daily with young kids down there and up here and believe me, That gear in those pics are mild in comparison to some of the gear we see at the races these days. Take Care my friend and God Bless

Mike & Charlene Burgess

Team Sakai Racing
Quotequote:Originally posted by SouthRider

Wow - what a difference in looking at pictures of US (old guys) from any vintage event - to seing these pics.

Suspension engaged - aggressive riding posture - bikes leaned over & dug into the turf - the riders weight even looks appropriate for the bike.

Reminds me of the pictures from when these bikes were originally used.

Now if we could just do something about their god-awful riding gear.......