Sun Rims

Started by pklinck, August 16, 2010, 09:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pklinck

I am looking for a 18 inch rear, Grey color Sun brand rim, used,  to match my front rim.  I am using these on a 1970 sachs 125 though thez are not the original metal rims.  If you have one or know folks who are selling them, let me know.  I believe the one I purchased for the front was made in the early 1990s.  My email is [email protected] or 802/889-3585.  Thanks,

Peter Klinck

peter klinck
peter klinck

Jeff Reid

I have a silver gray Sun rim with a Hipoint sticker on it. 18 x WM3 36 hole. The part number stamping is kind of worn so I think it is WM3 and it looks wider than my other rims. It came on one of my Penton projects but I'm looking to replace it with a shouldered style. I don't know what a fair price is-$50 maybe my email is [email protected] or call me at 828-551-5504

Jeff Reid
Jeff Reid

pklinck

Jeff,

Thanks for your reply.  My sachs hub is also a 36 spoke wheel.  The width of my old rim is at least 2.5 inches measured accross the surface next to the spokes.  I'm not sure the width of the Gray Sun rim you mentioned?  

Peter Klinck

peter klinck
peter klinck

Jeff Reid

tried to send photos to [email protected] all rejected, first by size, next by wrong address

Jeff Reid
Jeff Reid