Pursuing new hobby, huge shop sale

Started by Kip Kern, September 02, 2010, 07:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kip Kern

It's been a blast for the last 20 years but I am ready to start a new hobby[:p] (BMW Adventure Riding) and offer the below for sale so as to start (afford) the new hobby. Will continue to maintain my trusty "76" Penton GS400 for upcoming ISDTRR/POG events that are close and also maintain my "08" Husky for the same only modern.  I am not leaving the Penton Group but slowing down quite a bit to have some fun!

78 390 Husky Auto- Perfect Restored
77 360 Husky Auto- Perfect restored
76 Hercules 175 Apart but complete
75 1/2 Maico MC 250 Apart but complete
74 MZ ISDT 250 Apart but complete, *
74 CZ MX Original with wooden dealer tool kit
73 340 RT Rokon Apart but complete
73 Ossa 250 SDR Original
73 Puch 175 MX Apart but complete
73 Bultaco Alpina 250 Apart but complete, NOS bodywork
73 250 Hare Scrambler Penton Apart but complete, *
73 175 Jackpiner Original
73 125 Six day Apart but complete
73 100 Berkshire Apart but complete, *
73 Wassell Trials, *
71 125 ST, *
71 100 ST, *

* Denotes rebuilt engine, most never started.

NOS Barum tires included, New Radaellis included with some as well as new aluminum, plastic fenders about the only things missing from the "apart" bikes are minor items

Write [email protected] for info/prices.  If interested and deal is struck, prefer pickup only.

After bikes are sold, entire shop inventory will be offered, then all Sachs/KTM engine tools with shop manuals will be sold, lastly a ton of original Penton memorabilia will be offered.

Thanks

Kip Kern

Sorry, was supposed to have this in the "sale/wanted" catagory but the dog barked and I hit enter, my bad:(

OhioTed

This is some of the worst news I have heard in a while.  Wishing you the very best though, Kipper.  I know where you're coming from.  I rarely ride anymore.  Spend all my time in the shop, instead.

thrownchain

Hey Ted, why not do a video "whats in your garage" at Kip's?? I'm sure alot of people would like to see inside this cavern of knowledge. Maybe show it at the Oct meeting??

garrettccovington

Wow,  You'll like the GS.  I have a 1998 GS with over a 100,000 miles on it.  They are "Good" bikes.  Good at everything except deep sand.
  Great on Fire Roads and fantastic on tight twisty paved mountain roads. I ended up getting a extra set of rims for it.  A 18 inch front wheel for the street.  I keep 1 set mounted with sticky street tires and another set for 90/10 off road.  It'll burn thru aggressive dirt tires in a hurry.

If your ever out here in So Cal,  Stop by and I can take you on some great mountain roads and fire trails.

G

72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

dennis brown

kip , would you tell me about the 175 puch please e-mail me about it   [email protected]   thanks dennis

dennis l.brown
dennis l.brown

Kip Kern

Garrtee

Thanks for the offer but I have my eye set on a new F800GS for next year.:)  Thanks to everyone for the great response on the bikes!

JCHubbard

Kip,

It's funny for some gnawing reason last night, I was looking at the same BMW as well, and thinking about letting some "more" bikes go as well. One day I'm sure I'll do the same you're doing too. Luckily, for right now, I'm interested in the OSSA SDR.  Could you please send some pictures to [email protected]

Wishing you the very best on your next "Adventure!"

John Hubbard
JC Hubbard

joe novak

Kip,  Gook luck on your new avenue in life.   I can tell that you will enjoy you hobby, just in a little different way than in the past.   Joe

Mike Burgess

Wow Kip, Sorry to hear your finding a new hobby but it is what it is i guess...hehe. Could you please send me the info on the 360&390 Auto's,the Hercules 175 and the Rokon to [email protected]

Rain Man

Does this mean no more engine rebuilds ? oh darn, will just have to do it ourselves.
Hey let me  know when you sell your tools, I'm looking for a hot forge and blacksmith tools to buy ;)

Ride beyond the stars Bro !

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Kip Kern

Wow, over 50 hits in a day, thanks guys!  Please send requests to [email protected]  Thanks:)   Also, all located in Indiana, pickup only, cash preferred.  Thanks to everyone who responded, after the dust settles and everything is sold, hope to move to South Carolina and get some more riding in.  Still will probably do a little painting in the future.

wfopete

Good Luck Kip, I guess we'll be seeing you over on //www.advrider.com

I ride a BMW HP2, why did you go with a Beemer?

Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

Kip Kern

Pete

Rode a "Airhead" R75/6 to work for years.  Owned several new Harleys and really missed the BMW.  Next trip to Germany, will tour the factory!;)

Dennis Jones

Congratulations Kip, you're going to have a ton of fun.
Here's a pic of my "little" dual sport in the mountains above Ouray, CO last week.

And here's the new "BIG" dual sport. This is as I brought it home before getting it more travel worthy.

I'm keeping my Jackpiner for the occasional ISDTRR.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones