Home Page Photo Quiz - September 2010

Started by Admin, September 04, 2010, 08:54:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

One of the gentlemen in this picture was fairly instrumental to the Penton/KTM relationship.  Any guess who it is?

http://www.pentonusa.org/archive/homepage/2010/default_102710.htm

paul a. busick

I'm looking at the man center back row - Fritz Dingle.  Fritz brought the Hansa/KTM to John's Honda Shop.  Fritz was a relate of Calman at the KTM factory.  Fritz helped grease the ways to get the Penton/KMT project moving.
 How'd I do?
See you down Old Dusty,
Amherst Paul [:p]

Doug Wilford

Art- That was one.   There are a couple more in that picture
Have Fun!  Doug

TGTech

Art,
The name was Kalman Cseh, not Calman.
Dane

slvrbrdfxr

Not sure but I'm guessing that the fellow standing second from left in the front row is a young Doug Wilford ??

Dave McCullough

garrettccovington

I know, I know,,,  The guy on the far right  Steve McQueen!
G

72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

checkcrew

Actually the guy in the Puch jersey with the long hair and moostach is Kip Kern eyeing up the Puch motor for a future project - LOL - ;
just joking here Kip !!

cool old pic regardless,

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

Doug Wilford

The guy with the Afro and PUCH jersey now owns a Bed and
Breakfast at Put-in-Bay  He iis also a POG member

checkcrew

the plot thickens -"My Dear Watson" !!

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

Al Martin

Bob Rush in Puch jersey with Afro? I would have never guessed that with out Doug's clue!

Doug Wilford

Bob Rush is right, the other one I am pretty sure of is Mike Rosso.
This picture was the Puch crew in Downington PA 1972 I think.
Have Fun!  Doug

paul a. busick

Well, I guess it is true-a picture is worth a 1000 words, cuase they sure are adding up on this subject.
 I'm still sticking with Fritz Dingle.  Fritz brought a Hansa motor cycle to John's Honda shop and that started ball rolling.  Fritz and Kalman had dealings before KTM and Kalman called Fritz uncle. Later Fritz set up a meeting between J.P. and Mr. T at the Italian motorcycle show and that is when the deal was kicked off.
 Fritz IS in the picture.  Kalman, Rob Bush and Mike Rosso are NOT. Bob Hoffer and is secretary (the lady) and Jim Smith are.  I have this info on good authority.
 I'm sure this will start more speculation and surely put the suject well over the 1000 word mark.
 That's all I have to say about that. :)
 See you down Old Dusty,
  Amherst Paul

Paul Danik

It is true that the long hair put even the most astute of the Home Page Photo observers on the wrong trail :)

A big POG thanks goes out to "Crazy" Jake Fischer as this photo comes off the cover of a Puch newsletter from days gone by that came by way of Jake, Thanks Jake...

Personally, I have always wondered what "the mystery man", Fritz Dingle looked like. Thanks Amherst Paul for the history lesson on Fritz, he sure was a pretty important piece of the Penton puzzle and I think there is probably more to tell about his other exploits.

Any of you folks who attend the York swap meet should know Jim Smith, he always has all of the unique bikes and parts. Jim is on the far left in the picture.

Thanks to all for the participation.

Paul