Smith Road cancelled.

Started by Dale Fisher, September 08, 2010, 08:30:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brian kirby

Gary,

Well, I look at it like this, before the AHRMA/AMA split I paid the AMA $39 and AHRMA $45 a year, or $84 total. Now, AHRMA buys its own insurance (which is the only thing of value it got from AMA) and I only pay $65 a year to race AHRMA. Regrettably I still have to pay the AMA to race modern, but oh well.

On pre/post entry, unless they changed it since June, I dont think the CC series is charging the post entry fee any longer. I post entered for several races this year because, like you said, I did not know I could go until last minute and was not charged more.

Brian
Brian

Larry Perkins

I agree Gary.  If you think the $65 is bad think about my freak out when you are expecting $65 to come out of your bank and it does but does again the next week and then again the next week.  So now I am $195 lighter plus a overdraft fee but I have 3 years membership in a deal I hope will be there in 3 years. My recourse is to get documentation from the bank, send it to AHRMA, then wait for a check.  Wait like the National Championship jacket which took over a year to come or like the plaques which have never come?  I opted to gamble on the 3 years.  I just don't understand how taking money from my card was fine when they were getting it but not okay to just credit the card back for the error.  Oh well, enough bitching.  Hopefully my point is gotten on why I think AMA is more together.

One last thing though, Brian.  You get SO much more with the AMA than you are crediting them for.  Besides getting to race they are in a constant Lobbying position for us in Washington and the individual states on motorcycle laws and keeping riding areas open.  I am glad they are in our corner on that stuff.  Not a seen tangible asset but one that is VERY Valuable!

Larry P

joe novak

Hello,  I am fortunate to be a POG member who is able to attend monthly meetings.   On occation, we discuss the AMA and AHRMA, and it seems to be a more frequent topic recently.  I usually sit there quietly listening to what others have to share.  One of the most profound statements which I have heard anyone say came from John Penton.  He said, "All we are is a bunch of guys who want to get together and ride."   I sometimes reflect on those early years of my motorcycle riding when that was exactly was it was.  It was good riding with current friends or new friends.   Joe

Gene Saunders

Hi folks, New member here!! I race with AHRMA, AMA, NCHSA, SETRA, SEVMX. There all good!!!! We all have our problems, But I am still having the time of my life. Gene Saunders

Dave Mitchell

My biggest problem with AHRMA in the NW region is, if you look at our schedule look at where the AHRMA nationals are.All but Chehalis are in California.Give me a break I still don't know how they even call that the NW. I live in the NW.And driving to north central Ca. is not an option anymore,just can't do it.

garrettccovington

I've only raced the ARX (American Retrocross series) The Best thing I like about it is,,,  its"A bunch of people out to have a fun time"  They only have 5 rules.
Rick and Mike and the whole ARX crew do a fantastic job with the track.  If I wanted to go riding I could ride my bikes out of my living room and ride for,,,, Forever!  But its that thrill of being on the starting line, that 1st turn.  Passing somebody clean, having somebody pass me clean. AND,,, if I luck and win (with more than me in my class) its fantaatic.

For me, its safer and more fun to be at the ARX events than it is for me to ride out in the desert.

I wish everybody had a ARX event close by to race.

72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

joe novak

Garrett,  ARX sounds like a lot of fun. That's in S.Cal., isn't it?  Curious now; what are those five rules?  Are there different classes?  Joe

garrettccovington

Check out the web-site for the rules and class structure.
Their motto is Bring it out, Put on numbers and we'll find a class for you.
 http://www.americanretrocross.org/Classes_Rules_Entry.php
Most of the guys are very good.
Lloyd (250 HS) Bill L and Victor m (125 6-day) (100 Berkie) are very Fast.

Lloyd is "Mr Motocross"  I think I've seen him race all the moto's.

Haven't seen him lately and need to call him.

G

72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250