Westpoint ISDT Riders THANKS!!

Started by Tennessee Vol, September 21, 2010, 11:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tennessee Vol

Guys,
 I wanted to personally thank everyone for attending the Qualifier this last weekend I hope you all had a good time and a race to remember.

Sorry for the Dust and heat but it ain't supposed to be 96 degrees in late September here--we'll try to work on that next time.

Again on behalf of the North Alabama Trail Riders thanks for comming and hope to see ya'll down next year so we can make it bigger and better.

Bojo Stults

Here is a picture of Bill Ryburn from Georgia on his Steel Tanker it is a bueatiful machine!!

Bobby Stults
Bobby Stults

Bill Ryburn

Bojo:
You have it backwards. We particiapants at the Westpoint ISDT owe our thanks to you, Paul and the dozen or more other members of the Alabama Trial Riders for all your work in laying out and managing this event.
You folks put in a tremendous amount of work - and it is appreciated. While it was hot, sometimes dusty in places, and certainly challenging to some of us with minimum rding skills, it was a memorable event. Bottom line - I had fun!
Thanks again.
Bill Ryburn

Ernie Phillips

Bojo,

I echo Bill's comments and will add a few.  First, it was very thoughtful and kind gesture to have the Friday night BBQ dinner to raise funds for the Thomas Carmichael family.   Saturday afternoon's modern Hare Scramble to raise money for Jeremy Ketchum's 2010 ISDE support was a good thing as well.

For those who haven't ridden at this event, all I can say is if you want a test of skill and endurance, this is the place to come.  Make no mistake, this not tuff like a modern race, but for a vintage 2-day type event, you certainly get your money's worth.  4 specials on Saturday and 3 on Sunday with a 5 lap grass track to end the day.  50 miles on Saturday, 20 on Sunday.  Total time for specials over 60 minutes!   And for a special treat, Mr. Terry Cunningham put on quite an exhibition on the grass track by gassing it the whole time – very good show.

The special edition event t-shirt was a great design and good lookin' too.  Who was the rider?  And is that a Hodaka? What year ISDT?

In closing, the NATRA folks put on a fine event.  They put in a lot of effort and it showed. For 2011, I'd vote for TN hosting the ISDT Reunion Ride.  Thanks.

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

Tennessee Vol

Thanks so much Bill and Ernie for the comments.We try to make it as good of a race for all skill levels as possible.

The T-shirt was NATRA club member Gary Copeland on his Combat Wombat when he was 16years old comming down a creek at the Little Harpeth 100 mile National Enduro that was put on by the Don Thava club out of Nashville Tennessee---Hosted by then trailboss Johnny Pegleg Frideli in 1974!!  

One other side note we all surprised Gary with the shirts he did not know he was on them till he got to the race :D

Thanks again to all that attended.

Bojo Stults

Bobby Stults

Dave Withrow

Thanks BOJO and crew for a GREAT weekend!  You guys have a fantastic venue and I appreciate the work put in to let us play!

Tim Grow

Bojo and all the North Alabama Trail Riders-
Thanks ever so much for the time and extra effort that you, your family and all the NATR riders put forth.  Sir, it was obvious as the level of finish on the trails, arrowing, and attention to all the details were just great.  You and your associates also did a great job with the length of the tests and balance of trail difficulty.
We truly hope there is an opportunity to be invited back!
Well done!
And, guaranteed, I'll work on being a better "Wing Man"....thanks, sir.
Tim

Tennessee Vol

Thanks "Big Dave" ---so glad you and that Gary Ellis guy could make it down.

And Tim--I just want everyone to know that we Tim (Mavrick) Grow and Joe Murphy an me went on a trail ride Friday afternoon.

All I can say is Tim Grow can ride faster than I can on a new KX250 on a Husky 430 with a sticking clutch in a pair of slippers and shorts!!

I'll let him tell the rest of the story,it's pretty interesting.  

Bojo

Bobby Stults