Interesting Sachs Racers

Started by Gordon Brennan, November 25, 2010, 07:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordon Brennan

Go to the 5th photo down. From there down a few are some neat looking MXrs with Sachs motors. Very cool looking bikes I've never heard of or seen.

http://www.vintagedirtbikeparts.net/VintageKramerPuchSWMPhotos.htm

tomale

very cool

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)74'
250 hare scrambler (project bike)
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

TGTech

Very good bikes! Thank for you put the link on the POG Web site.

Dane

dirtbike

Oh man, just look at those bikes. I remember seeing a TGM 1981 with Hiro engine. the first 125 cc that claimed 30 HP in a swedish magazine back then. I remember looking at that picture over and over again.
Thanks for a great link..

tomale

makes me wish I was really light enough to ride a 125, the look light, nibble and fast. I like the idea of riding something that unique.

76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)74'
250 hare scrambler (project bike)
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

tooclose racing

I know absolutely nothing about the small Italian manufacturers of some of these dirt bikes, but I can"t help but wonder if some of these efforts were put together by Italian versions of John Penton.  In other words, small family-based efforts where some guy (or guys) had "the same idea" as John.  Put together bikes that use the best components available.  And hire some strong talent to ride them.  Or at least give them a great deal on a bike.   :)

In some ways, you could argue that TM and maybe a few others are still trying to do that today.  I don't want to speak heresy here, and I'm sure that one or more of bike makers were already in the moped or scooter markets and were trying to move "up" into bigger bikes in one way or another (just as Ducati tried to move "down" into the dirt bike market, so to speak.

But the variety and level of effort on some of these marques sure look impressive.  And how about those small bores (50 or 80cc bikes)?  What a hoot!