Jeff DeBells dad, Richard

Started by 454MRW, November 29, 2010, 05:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

454MRW

I thought that Jeff would post this himself, but I read about his dads passing last night on the Vinduro Group, and since it hasn't been mentioned here, I wanted to forward this to the group. I am sure that he and his Mom and close friends and family would appreciate our condolences and prayers, Mike Winter

Vinduro friends,
My Dad, Richard DeBell, passed away early this morning. He had been
hospitalized briefly and had been released to an elderly care facility a week or so ago. He passed peacefully in his sleep, and for that I am thankful. He was a good man and not so crazy about my motorcycling antics, although I reminded him it was his fault since he bought a Rupp mini-bike for me and my sister "on a whim." It was all downhill from there for me!
He was a Korean War veteran having served as a gunnery officer aboard the USS Laffey DD-724. One of my favorite photos of him is on the Laffey, smiling, wind in his face, wearing foul weather gear and his duty hat (which I still have).
My parents celebrated their 55th wedding anniversary this past August. I visited them in June and got to hug my Dad and tell him I loved him...and you just can't put a price on moments like that. I'm doing OK, but please keep my Mom, Jeanne, in your prayers as the days ahead will be especially difficult for her.
Thanks,
Jeff
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

rfpotter

Jeff,
May God Bless you and Help you during this time.

Patrick

Steve Minor

My prayers are with you and your family.

Steve Minor
Wilmington, NC
Steve Minor

Lew Mayer

Prayers for your Dad at his passing.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Jeff D

Thanks for posting this, Mike, and thank you everyone else for your kind thoughts and prayers.  As at so many other times in my life, a simple thank you just doesn't cover it, but it's the best I can do at the moment.  I am grateful that I'm part of this wonderful motorcycling family.

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell

ABORN

Jeff--I'm sorry to hear about your Dad and I will keep you, your Mom and family in my thoughts and prayers.  Thanks for all you do for the Motorcycling world.  Al

tomale

Jeff, I am sorry to hear of your Dad's passing, your whole family will be in our prayers. Thanks for allowing us to be a part of your life too..

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)74'
250 hare scrambler (project bike)
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Larry Perkins

Jeff,

So very sorry for your loss.  You have such a big heart and I feel for you and will keep prayers of peace for you and your family.

Larry P

firstturn

Jeff & Family,
  We are sad to hear of your Loss.  You and your Family will be in our Prayers.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

checkcrew

Jeff, hi,

My deepest sympathy to you and your family

your a great guy and always there to help someone in need,
your Dad will always have a smile on his face watching the things you do !!

regards,

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

Knute

I'm very sorry to hear of your father's passing Jeff...it sounds like he was a great role model, father, and husband.  Please know that you and your family are in our thoughts.

Kent Knudson
TEAM PENTOVARNA
Kent Knudson
Kevin Brown
Gary & Toni Roach
James & Adam Giddings

swamp fox

Condolences on your Dad's passing. I hope that you can continue to relish in the memories you had with him. The Laffey was just out of drydock here in Charleston, and I'm sure he's standing tall looking down on her, along with his shipmates.
http://cv10navalaviator.wordpress.com/2010/02/11/laffey-celebrates-66-years/
http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid600305868001?bctid=600362412001
http://www.flickr.com/photos/patriots_point/
God bless you and your family.

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

Dave Withrow

Jeff,
    Prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.

Big Dave

slvrbrdfxr

Jeff,
I would like to extend my deepest sympathy to you, your mom and family during this time of mourning. You will all be in my thoughts and prayers. Take good care of each other and God Bless.
Dave McCullough