Step Away From the Condiments, ARX this weekend

Started by garrettccovington, November 30, 2010, 11:23:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garrettccovington

OK SoCal folks, Time to work off that turkey dinner  This is the final round of the ARX series for 2010.  ARX is awarding double points this weekend and this will put alot of Classes up for new champions for no shows.

Once again,,,  Its alot of fun...  Don't worry if you think your slow. (actually, I'm the slowest one out there, My shoulder is still killing me.  I don't care, I'm having fun!)

Even if you don't have a bike its great to go out there and see the vintage bikes.  Pristine, Pentons, KTM's (Not Mine), CCM's, Montessa's, Ossa's, Bultaco's, Maico's, Suzuki's, Yamai's and Honda's.  I went to 2 races last year to see what it was all about and spent most of the time looking at all the bikes.

Some of the Guy's are so fast on these old bikes its unreal and fun to watch.

Anyways,, don't be a Turkey and work off that Turkey and show up!

G

72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

cdb50mx

I wonder if the royalty will show up again ? Come on out to the races and meet HRH The Earl of Penton , pictures and a wave are available .

Garrett , did you know it takes one horse power to over come every seven pounds of rider weight ? After two Thanksgiving dinners my bike is now down one HP .

Mike

Lloyd Boland

Progress, I hope to see you guys out there.  
Lloyd

garrettccovington

Heck Yea I'll be there.  Let me get thru this race.  Then its off to the Dr.  Of course I've been saying that for 2 months now.

I don't want to look to far ahead, but, I think Tom, Ron, David (The new guy on the 490), Kevin, Hal and myself would be a good race.  Shoot, were all Pro Novice racers  Thats of course if all the stars, moons and planets are aligned

g

72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

joe novak

Garrett,  Will you be spectating, or racing?   I hope you feel better after your last crash (previous post).  Ride safely and have fun.  Joe

garrettccovington

Well,,, Joe,,,  You see,,,, there not much difference.  This year has been a real wake up call to me.  I am actually pretty bad.  I guess hopping on a dirt bike at 54, after a 30 year absence, I should have expected it.  To think, it all started with my wife wanting me to take my 72 6-Day to the dump and then stumbling upon my 79 at my 1st race.  It took a year to get the 79 to run right.  Now its a rocketship, but I fell and hurt my shoulder.
  Another thing,  Our race #5 has the most racers in it, of all classes, age and skill level.  My fellow Pro Novice riders always get tangled up in the 1st turn and fall down.  Everytime!  I just cruise around them and then they have to play catch up. It a tortise and Hare thing. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.  When we have a second gate and all us Pro-novice riders are on the same line,  Then its a race.   I'm hopping next year we can find more Pro Novice riders to race with.

Fellow Pogers Lloyd, B,, Victor M, Bill L,  Are very good and fast.  I don't know how Lloyd can race every single moto they have and still walk after the day is over.

So to answer your question, Yes

72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

garrettccovington

It was good to see you Lloyd at the track today.  I see you haven't lost a step.
  Its amazing, After winning the 250cc, air cooled, drum brake, non-linkage, Pro-Novice, World champioship of the World.  My shoulder feels pretty good.

You were there in the begining,  couldn't get the bike to run right, couldn't figure it out, squeeking out wins, by others making bigger mistakes.  When I finaly did figure the bike out, I hurt my shoulder.  Then, I started to hear all these goofy noises, the chain was gonna break, I know I have a flat tire, the suspension is not set right, There's a mud puddle ,etc, etc.   It was all in my head.  It felt great after the champioship was deicided by me just finishing the 1st moto to let the bike rip in the 2nd moto,  The bike ran perfect and it was fun!
 I guess towards the end of the season,  I was so all consumed, by having a shot at winning a series championship, I started to lose focus on what its really all about,, And thats just go out and have fun.  So next year its all about, the fun.  Hope to see you there!

I wonder if I'll get bumped up to Pro-Intermediate-Novice?  Nawww I'm good.

G

72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250