replacement for jeep skool

Started by chicagojerry, December 06, 2010, 05:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicagojerry

here's the latest on the replacement for jeepskool and a new mx and pvmx too!!   [8D]     chi jer
 ----------------------------------------------

AHRMA announces replacement venue for the cancelled Jeep Skool CC and the addition of a Ohio VMX/PVMX to the 2011 schedule:

AHRMA is pleased to announce that Action Sports  Racing in Athens, Ohio has been added to the AHRMA National Cross Country Schedule and the PVMX and VMX schedule.

The Cross Country event will be held on May 28 and 29, 2011 and will replace the Jeep Skool event that was recently cancelled.

The VMX and PVMX events will be held on July 9 and 10, 2011.

AHRMA looks forward to these events as they will provide our members with a high quality event in the state of Ohio.  Details will be available on the AHRMA website in the near future

joe novak

Now that is working proactively!  It is great to hear that both the Ohio MX and CC events which had been cancelled have been replaced with new events.  Joe

Tom McPeek

The Owner of Jeep Skool was not very happy when he heard that the race was cancelled  He stated to a friend of mine that he enjoyed last year and was looking forward to Ahrma being there again. The guy that manages the property for him is the one that was the reason for the jacked up prices unbeknownst to the owner.  For what it's worth that's what I know.  I like the fact that we now have a vintage motocross race out of it.

77 KTM Penton MC5 250 , 74 YZ360A & 250A  ,85 IT200,82 RM465,74 CR125
74.5 Harescrambler 250MX, 74 YZ360A & 250A  ,85 IT200, RM100,250,400

Mike Hufnagel

Action Sports has a nice track. I was up there for the Team Harescrambles in Nov. Lotsa single track for a hare scramble. If you want to see what then place looks like, there is some helmet cam footage on their web site.

74 Yamaha TY 250
75 Jackpiner w/ 250 eng.
80 Ktm Mc 400
82 KTM GS250II (import)
82 KTM 495
2) 84 Yam RZ350
98 KTM 300mxc
00 KTM Duke 2
06 KTM 950 Adv.
08 Suzuki DR70Z
\\\'12 Husaberg TE300
74 Penton Wassels
74 Yamaha TY 250
77 Yamaha TY 175
74 Jackpiner w/ 250 eng.
82 KTM GS250II (import)
77 Yamaha RD 400 Daytona Café replica
81 Ktm mx 495
12 Ktm RC8R
04 Honda xr 100
06 KTM 950 Adv.

chicagojerry

AHRMA and Action Sports Promotions announce date change for the 2011 AHRMA VMX/PVMX National:
here'sthe latest and greatest.   chi jer
---------------------------------------

AHRMA and Action Sports Promotions have moved the VMX/PVMX originally scheduled for July 9 and 10, 2011 to June 18 and 19, 2011.  This change was made so that the AHRMA VMX/PVMX national would not conflict with the GNCC that is running nearby on July 9 and 10, 2011.

There is no change to the date for the Cross Country that is scheduled for May 28 and 29, 2011 at the Action Sports Promotions facility.

Larry Perkins

Weird to change the date because of a GNCC.  How many AHRMA racers even race GNCC?  Can't be but a couple if that.  So, because of the GNCC; which has nothing to do with us, they move it to the very weekend after the Road America races.  Would not more people not be able to go because of the financial strain of Nationals on back to back weekends than would be affected by the GNCC?  I will never understand AHRMA's thought process I guess.  Whatever it is just get the schedule set and let us plan our season.

Larry P

Gary Roach

I would think that one of the reasons for changing the event date would be lodging. Both race tracks are located only about 10 miles apart from each other, and the city of Athens is the closest city that has motels, which it only has about 10 or so. The GNCC's can draw upwards of 1500 riders, plus several thousand spectators and pit crew personnel, so you see where there might be a problem. Other than Athens, the closest cities with additional motels is about 45 minutes away.

The owner of Action Sports Racing is Drew Wolfe, and he's been promoting events since back in the '70's. I've known Drew for a long time, and I think he'll do a good job with these races. He, and his two sons, have post vintage bikes that they race.

He's a link to the helmet cam video that Mike mentioned:
Smaller screen version: http://actionsportsracing.com/video_TH.html  
Larger screen version: http://vimeo.com/16745870
This is lap around the Team Hare Scrambles course that was ran last month. As you can see in the video, the course went in and out of the woods, and on and off of both the Motocross and Grand Prix tracks several times. I would imagine that the AHRMA Cross Country course would be somewhat similar to this.

Google Earth view of the property

Larry Perkins

Very Good Point Gary.  I did not think of that angle.  Thanks, probably a good call on AHRMA's part then.

Larry P