Previous topic - Next topic

Britt Boyette

Britt Boyette

77 Husky WR250
76 RM370
06 KX450f flat tracker/ MX racer
09 Kawasaki Versys

tomale

I had no idea i had so much money just laying around in my shop, guys like this come and go, over the years I have bought very little on e bay for this very reason, I seem to do alot better with dealing my my friends who treat me right. And in return I try to do right by them too...

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)74'
250 hare scrambler (project bike)
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

Larry Perkins

Just like bikes, asking and getting is 2 different things.  If it does not sell; and these items probably won't, it is just a mental exercise not a statement on REAL prices.

Larry P

Terence McEnally

I have some magazines published by Penton publishing. They're all about the latest in high-volume food processing. Good shape except for the corn oil stains and confetti from the trade show. I'll take $10 gazillion for the lot.
\\"Illegitimi Non Corborundum\\"

joe novak

Some are obviously in it for the money... period!

454MRW

I have purchased some items from this seller at reasonable prices from time to time. They must think that some things are made of gold while others are just run of the mill. There is no rhyme or reason to their pricing. Mike
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/77-400-GS6-Penton-KTM-stator-lot-125-250-Vintage-VMX-/320628064995?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4aa6ec02e3

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Pentons-1980 KTM 175-400'S
75 Can Am 175 TNT & 77 250 Black Widow
1976-78 RM & 77-79 PE Suzuki's
74 CR250M 07 CR125R & CR150R
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

dirtbike

A dirty seat base for $400. The seller is what they would reffer to as an "utter prat" in Great Britain.

I just don't like when people set their prices to an unrealistic value just because there are few pieces around. That's blackmailing and a certain way to make the customer unhappy and left with a feeling of having been cheated.

garrettccovington

Everytime I see this stuff it causes me to go into panic mode, throw a couple of more chains and locks on the bikes and start adding up my new found wealth.  The closer it gets to race day, sanity prevails and all caution is thown to the wind.

I often wonder about those guys that came out to Barstow from Texas (Austin)last year and "picked" all those vintage bikes.  They picked about 50 CZ's Penton's, Can-Ams, Huskies, Bultaco's, Ossa's Montessa's, Sach's, DKW's, KTM's.  I think, as I recall, Their e-bay site was something along the lines of My trash your treasure.  They had so many bikes, they needed a Semi and a huge 5th wheel flat bed to haul them back.

I've been checking their store and haven't really ssen anything for sale that they picked up. So, I figured Ron C got it all.

They Posted a notice on the POG Site "Bike hauling from Austin to Barstow" or something like that. At these prices they had a million bucks worth.

G

72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

TeamSunset

I sell on ebay, and hopefully I'm not one of the bad guys, but things are about to change for online buyers and sellers alike... for the worse. Thanks to a hidden element of our president's new healthcare bill, we now have the new 6050W Tax Law. Starting January 1st 2011, anyone that does over 200 online banking sales transactions per calendar year, of over $20,000.00 in online banking sales per calendar year, now has their info submitted directly to the IRS. Experts anticipate a mass departure of garage-seller types away from ebay and other websites. What does it mean? ...less product available, which drives prices even higher. Bad for the seller and buyer alike... everyone pays more. Crazier yet, starting in 2012, anyone that sells something for more than $600.00, online or not, will be required by law to submit a 1099 for each transaction, for all 50 States. This law is so crazy that experts claim that the added paperwork will put many small businesses out of business. We all pay our taxes, but soon everyone will be under the microscope. No... I did not vote for him either!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Terence McEnally

I would propose some rather restrictive rules (covenants?) on the ownership (stewardship, make that) of certain items, Penton motorcycles and parts among them, some solemn oath that must be sworn in blood before any transaction involving this stuff. It could quite easily kill the true enjoyment of Penton bikes if the spares market were to be cornered by base profiteers. I confess, I have bought stuff from E-bay-hemoth, but it almost never "felt right". Posting a for sale or wanted on POG is like dealing with family, a statement which I am totally unqualified to make being so new to the group maybe. Whatever, half the time I'm on Ebay it's just to rescue some stuff from the hands of infidels. I can imagine my garage if I had unlimited funds.

TeamSunset

Yikes Reverend! ...how do you really feel?

Terence McEnally

Sunset: "How I really feel" is posted on even numbered dates. Deceit and treachery are reserved for odd dates (except leap year). Please review any previous posts and note the corresponding dates applying the foregoing rule. Wait! Strike that! Reverse it! TM

[:o)]

TeamSunset

ok... that's done, now back to topic please. :D

garrettccovington

I wonder how this will effect Craigslist purchases?
G

72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

TeamSunset

In a nutshell... it affects everyone that sells and accepts PayPal payments for selling over 200+ items per calendar year, or that sells and accepts PayPal payments for $20,000.00+ of merchandise per calendar year. Word has it that Ebay will lose tons because of the PayPal connection and Craigslist will grow for just the opposite reason. Only time will tell I guess.