Prices sure have gone up!

Started by Britt Boyette, December 12, 2010, 10:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy Bailey

The government will make criminals out of us all. How many large businesses have resorted to underhanded practices? It's just a matter of time before it trickles down to us small fish. In my small construction business I have to jump through so many hoops its ridiculous while here in Chattanooga Blue Cross/Blue Shield was able to build on a historic Civil War sight. We have way too much government and way too many lobbyists backed with unlimited budgets.

Mark P

I spent a major part of my life tracking the punks, tyrants, and garbage of the world and we have allowed them  into our wire.They are in our DOJ and the WH and they  do  not believe in the Constitution and American values.They have  even stated that numerous times. Gentlemen, theywant to JAIL us for not buying health insurance! They are hiring and training thousands of new "agents" at the IRS to terrorize Americans and I believe we haven't seen anything yet from the unaccomplished community organizing punks. They are coming after the "underground economy" and anything that raises a "flag" on a 1040 will trigger an audit. They will start looking at the E-bay transactions and I think they will start tearing apart these flea markets and swap meets where cash trades hands with little to no paperwork. And gentlemen, the left wants new "value added taxes(VAT)" on goods, services, and transactions so we can be "just like Europe". They look at the hundreds of millions of ebay and swap meet transactions and wring their evil greedy hands like the weasel on a Foghorn Leghorn Warner Brothers cartoon.

Anyway, I realize this isn't a political site but you know, Pentons and motorcycling are about freedom and American values and enterprise. The restorations you all do are awe inspiring and I'm afraid the Marxists are coming after one of the vehicles that makes obtaining parts easier: the Internet/E-Bay. God only knows what plans they have for speech and total control of the net after Wilkileaks...

Anyway gentlemen,in the spirit of the Sons of Liberty and Issac Sears, keep your powder and vintage motorcycles dry.

t20sl

Taxes are what keeps this country running.  I am not for more paperwork, small and large business already have more than enough.  If we could simplify the tax codes we would not need all the IRS agents.  I have no problem with sales tax being collected on internet transactions.  Come on, we pay taxes on everything we buy in a store why should internet sales be banned?  Make it simple though, let Ebay collect and report it, after all they are profiting from the transactions.  
When you cheat, you are just saying your not willing to completely support this country financially.  Why over 20K, why not all sales?

Ok guys let fly!
Ted Atkinson

Larry Perkins

I am all for this country but when is enough enough?  I hunt and find this stuff, pay money for it, haul it, sort it, research it, store it, sometimes clean it up, take pictures of it, write up the auction, answer questions, invoice it, package it, sometimes make a box for it, and ship it.  Then the government wants a piece of it and they want me to keep track of it all for them?  The same government already gets the biggest chunk of our checks than ever before in history and wastes more than they ever have.  I love this country but I have no doubt in my heart that if the founding Fathers could see where we are they would say, "We must revolt."

Larry P

firstturn

Thanks Mark P. for your post.  I know that you are wearing a badge and your job is to protect.  You see the people everyday that refuse to conform and will break into my house for $10 and tear up $5000 just to be mean.  Thanks for wearing the badge and protecting us.  I for one just wish the people we send to Washington would not spend what they don't have??  Sounds simple to me....but after all I am a simple person that lives in a simple State (Texas).

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

TeamSunset

Quotequote:Originally posted by Mark P

They are coming after the "underground economy" and anything that raises a "flag" on a 1040 will trigger an audit. They will start looking at the E-bay transactions and I think they will start tearing apart these flea markets and swap meets where cash trades hands with little to no paperwork.

Mark P is 2000% correct. Larry is correct also. I personally am Incorporated and have a CPA, FEIN#, State Sales Tax#, and pay state & federal income tax on my sales, so its business as usual for me. However, in the vintage motorcycle community, hobbyists will ultimately be affected the most by this new law. Many of these sellers that are collecting online payments as supplemental income will simply go away... it doesn't matter where they sell online, if they collect money electronically, they're included. My guess is that vintage motorcycles & parts are going to get way harder to find, which will drive prices much higher. Mark P is right on something else too... VMD and other swap meets will be next. You can bet that it's coming sooner than later! Our current government is taking the nut & bolts of vintage motorcycling to a whole new level... one that really sucks. TG

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

rob w

Loop holes and alternatives are bound to arise.

454MRW

I work for a Corvette parts wholesale supplier that also sets up at 5-6 Corvette shows each year with 5000+ parts and sells retail at those shows. We already have to collect state tax at 2/3 of those shows because of the enforcement of tax laws. Soon they will enforce the others, one of which is a 10% tax. It is hard enough to maintain enough sales at the smaller shows because since we are a smaller company with less overhead, we sell for less than the bigger guys, which some have backed out of shows because of the tax enforcement and only distribute catalogs and take orders at the shows, while we bring a semi trailer and displays chocked full of parts. Mike

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Pentons-1980 KTM 175-400'S
75 Can Am 175 TNT & 77 250 Black Widow
1976-78 RM & 77-79 PE Suzuki's
74 CR250M 07 CR125R & CR150R
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

TeamSunset

Quotequote:Originally posted by rob w

Loop holes and alternatives are bound to arise.

...'The Church of Sachs' ;)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

thrownchain

My favorite; "I'll pay cash and don't need a reciept" , and I haven't been turned down yet.

acemoto

those guys your trash my treasure are good guys if you need a part they will go out there and find the part
its good for all of us when people like that search all the places for parts

garrettccovington

You hit the nail on the head.  Really, No pun intended.

72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

garrettccovington

Oh,, they were great guys,, Larry even took me out "picken"  Like on TV.  It kick my rear end...  I will admit I was kinda jealous over all the bikes they had found for a song.  But sanity prevailed,  What would I do with all of those bikes.

72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

firstturn

Glenn is a good guy and offers people reasonable shipping at times on this site.  Garrett you don't think I would be trolling around buying parts do you?[:0]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

garrettccovington

You know Ron,,,, Now that you mention it,,,;)

G

72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250