Sachs 6B100 cc head from a 125 head?

Started by john durrill, January 21, 2011, 07:42:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

john durrill

Folks,
1. Could one turn a 125 Sachs alloy head into a 100 cc head by milling off .030  to .040 and then turning the squish area for proper piston clearance?
2. Or would you have to weld up the 125 combustion chamber then cut in the 100 cc specs.
3. Do we have some one in POG that could do the machine work for the Sachs head?

I have a friend making up a 72 Berkshire and is just missing the head to complete his project.

thanks for any and all help with the project,
john d.

firstturn

You can do #1, but you need to make a steel plate to keep from warping the head during the process.  I do not know of anyone off hand that can do this work.  My guy is retired.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

wade195

John

I can tell you what we did. We had a damaged 100 cc head. We cc the 100 cylinder head. We then milled the 125 head I am thinking like .025. We then cc the milled head and formed it until we were real close.

I am not saying this is the correct way to do this just what we did. Seemed ok but?

Blessings

Doug

gooddirt

You can go as far as .080 mill according to a E.C Bert hop up. Its 33mm across the dome opening on the 100 head 37mm on the 125. They both have the same depth in the dome. Would one be looking to make the same dome volume or match the depth and width to have the right (BEST) compression [?][?]

firstturn

You can do #1, but you need to make a steel plate to keep from warping the head during the process.  I do not know of anyone off hand that can do this work.  My guy is retired.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

wade195

John

I can tell you what we did. We had a damaged 100 cc head. We cc the 100 cylinder head. We then milled the 125 head I am thinking like .025. We then cc the milled head and formed it until we were real close.

I am not saying this is the correct way to do this just what we did. Seemed ok but?

Blessings

Doug

gooddirt

You can go as far as .080 mill according to a E.C Bert hop up. Its 33mm across the dome opening on the 100 head 37mm on the 125. They both have the same depth in the dome. Would one be looking to make the same dome volume or match the depth and width to have the right (BEST) compression [?][?]