Sachs 100cc Sunburst Head Needed

Started by Mark Liston, January 30, 2011, 04:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Liston

Looking to buy a good 1970-1971 Sachs 100cc sunburst head for my 1971 V6580 Berkshire. Please contact me at [email protected].

Mark Liston
1970 Six Days
1971 Berkshire
1974 Husky 400WR
1976 Ossa Super Pioneer

Dale Fisher

Roberto has this one listed on Ebay as a 125 head.  Note the part# which includes 109.  A previous POG post as well as a parts list suggests this is for a 100.  The 125 head includes 106 in the cast in part number on an aluminum head.  Is this the true for both an uncut (steel tank side pipe head) and cut (over the cylinger 71 on)?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Sachs-125-CYLINDER-HEAD-5-Ahrma-Penton-KTM-Monark-SWM-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem519390d5d4QQitemZ350368093652QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Dale Fisher
Pure Michigan
So many projects, so little time!
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

gooddirt

I have various 100 heads all with different numbers on the castings, these numbers are not the same as sachs parts list . Best bet is measure across the dome opening.

Mark Liston

Dale/Gooddirt,
Thanks for the input. I am leaning that the casting numbers are not always correct as both my 125 5A's have the casting designation of 0613-109-097-GK which contradicts the 100 cc manual numbers.
Both my 125 heads have a 36 mm inner dome diameter.

Anyone know the inner dome diameter of a correct 100cc head? As mentioned earlier I am still wanting to buy a alum sunburst head.
Thanks,
Mark

Ron

Not sure what you mean by inner diameter?
Combustion chamber for 125's are 54mm diameter and 100's are 48mm diameter, same as the piston diameter.
I have a 100cc head if you want me to, I can measure the pocket diameter inside the squish band for you?
Ron

Ron

FYI, My 100cc head casting number 06 13109097 has a (inner diameter?) pocket diameter of 33.2mm.
Hope that helps,
Ron

checkcrew

pics of 125 and 100 heads side by side

125 is 36mm - ID, 14mm from outside of relief edge to edge of gasket surface

100 is 33mm - ID, 17mm from outside of relief edge to edge of gasket surface

both are 13mm deep

125 casting #'s - 0613 109 097  GK
100 casting #'s - 0613 106 096  GK

hope this helps,

regards,
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

Mark Liston

Thank you all for your help and dimensional guides. The 33 mm inner dome or pocket dimension will aid me in my search. Just need locate that ST 100 cc head to finalize my project parts search

Mark

checkcrew

Mark,

you are even looking for a bigger needle in the hay stack as you need to find a full fin 100cc head for your ST Berkie,

don't hesitate to buy a cut fin 100cc head if you locate one as i know of a good machinest that can add the missing fins and you would never know it was done, you would need a doner head, i see them on Ebay for as little as 20.00 buy it now,

good luck with your quest,

regards,

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

firstturn

Mark,
  I do not think they are that hard to find.  I am stuck in Houston for a while and not able to look through my extra heads, but I should have a spare.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

gooddirt

The 097# head was early and fins were cut for the up pipe. The #096 was later and the cut for the pipe was cast into the head. As both the 125 and 100 had the same cast # for either head. Part # on the Sachs spare list matches label on box . :)[B)]:)

Dale Fisher

Thank you Mike for taking the time to post the pictures and add the dimensional information.  It will be a great addition to the search function!

Dale Fisher
Pure Michigan
So many projects, so little time!
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

Ron

My 097 head is fully finned, go figure.
Ron

Larry Perkins

Ron,

It is because they took the fully finned 097 heads and cut the fins for the Penton high pipe.  All the 097 heads started life as full finned.

Larry P

checkcrew

Larry,

good point, all 097 heads are full fin and are cut as needed,
 as LG stated the 097 head in my pic is cut and the 096 head's fins are a smooth casting {cut style} from the factory,

good observations here !!!

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]