SoCal Racing

Started by Lloyd Boland, February 09, 2011, 09:16:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdazed

Garrett/Lloyd, looks like this weekend it'll be,basically just go to Hemet and head home with a visit to my Mom and Sis in Palm Springs Sat.nite.Maybe i can make the next one at Comp.Edge if i can just take sat.-sun. for this weekends trip-if not Diamond Dons will be next.Was the race at Perris this last weekend a different race club? Later,
           Ric
 P.S.-Regarding my last question,calvmx,marty's 100 revenge,and arx are different clubs and you guys do just the arx or both arx and calvmx?Which do you prefer?Thanks again.Ric                                            

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

Lloyd Boland

Ric,
The 3/12/11 race at Perris is a different group, CalVMX.  Good guys.  I think they usually run at Perris, Borona, some Glen Helen and maybe a couple other southern california tracks, more toward San Diego.  Hope to see you at either the 4/17 race at Glen Helen or the 5/22 race at Competitive Edge.

Lloyd

pakala

Ric,
 The next Marty Tripes 100 works revenge race is March 27,2011 Sunday! The Marty Tripes 100 works revenge is a stand alone race club. We race with ARX and Calvmx in Socal,we will also be holding are own race later this year. Diamond Don's has invited us to be half time entertainment at his AHRMA Nat. We had 29 one hundreds on the line last weekend, we are expecting 50 one hundreds at Diamonds Dons. Come and join the MADDEST:-) http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/MartyTripes100worksrevenge/
           Pablo

Ernie Phillips

Pablo,

You may get 50 bikes on the line at Diamond Don's but there will probably only be 5-10 that are true 100cc machines. :D[8D][}:)][8D][xx(][:o)]    I know you guys will have a great time.  DD is the best!  :)[:p]:DWish I could be there ...[V]

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

garrettccovington

Ric,,, Sorry about the late reply,,,,  Been busy workin and that is a good thing.

I only Race ARX and don't even look for any other race group to race with.  This is just a once a month fix to get the blood pumping.  I'm really pretty terrible and I find it alot safer to go once a month out to the track, than I do to ride out my front door.

Alot of the ARX guys race CalVMX.  Usally their races are on Saturday.  The Marty Tripes thing comes and goes whenever.  I don't know how the folks find out about those.

All I know is the ARX thing is a blast!  Good People, Tracks, and times.  

The offer still stands if any POGers are in SoCal, call up and we'll do lunch or something.

G

72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

sixdazed

Pablo,Garrett,Lloyd+all,So i can just throw a red tank on Victor's ex bike and i'm in for the 100 class right?...Just Kidding:D:).I'm hoping to be there Sunday but is there practice or anything going on sat. or sat. nite[}:)]???The trip to socal last  weekend was brutal as there was roadwork going on all across Arizona on the way home.Hopefully won't be the same this trip.Unless i can't get Monday off i'll be there Sunday,
                                     Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50

pakala

Ric,
 Penton fast guy Bruce McDougal will be there racing one of my 1983 YZ100. He is riding it till he gets his 100 Berkie ready. He says he rather ride the vintage class on a Penton and stop Tommy Croft on the Hodaka from winning the year end title:-)
            Pauliemann

Mick Milakovic

WOW, that would be too cool:  watching Bruce McDougal and Tommy Croft battling on the track![8D]

Mick
Mick

garrettccovington

Wow!!! Wow!!! I'm speachless.  

G

72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

garrettccovington

I'd like to see Radical Ron Turner in the mix too!
G

72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

Dale Fisher

Don's information has the Works Revenge Moto 1 at Saturday intermission and Moto 2 on Sunday.

Dale Fisher
Pure Michigan
So many projects, so little time!
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

garrettccovington

The racing was fantastic today!  No rain, but a little windy cross wise of the track.  The 1st few times flying over the back jump the bike would get blown sideways.  I couldn't figure it out and thought maybe somewhere I bent the frame.

Anyways,  Lloyd, Bill L, and Myself all won.

You guys going to Diamond Don's will love the 100's

g

72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250

sixdazed

After all my bugging you guys about race info i feel bad i didn't make it.Got Dizzy and tired fri. nite which continued thru the weekend but better tonite.Sounds like you guys did great though-nice job!Will shoot for AVDRA speedworld(phoenix)apr.10th though and Glen Helen after that.No Diamond Don's for me this year:(Who won the 100 class @ Comp.Edge?Hope to see ya all soon,
                                              Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50

garrettccovington

Ric, We were looking for ya!  Hope everything is OK.

I'm not sure who won the 100's. I was gated when they finished  All I know is Scott Burnsworth was in a couple of my races on a early Ossa 250.  He went by me so freekin fast in the toughest part of the track,  I wanted to pull over and watch.

No dis-respect to our Nation's Founding Fathers, but this is when I realized "All men are NOT created equal"  How do they do it????

It was kinda funny watching all the 100's start. The start was a long steep uphill, so they were slow to get rolling, but, after the 1st turn it was a long steep downhill and WHAM,  they were off to the races.

Alot of big names.  I actually wanted to go get some Autographs, but I figured this would look to stupid, A grown 54 year old man asking for Autographs.

G

72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250
72 six-day
79 KTM MC80 250