Diamond Don's 2011 *Multi links now*

Started by Dale Fisher, April 17, 2011, 08:56:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale Fisher

Don's is now history with more race reports and pictures to come.  Chicago Jerry crashed on Saturday and left the track early with some rib issues.  I heard many compliments on the hard work he put into the cross-country course and how "great" everyone thought it was :D  Wishing Jerry a safe trip back and a speedy recovery!  Lot's of Penton picture to come!

Dale Fisher
74 Berkshire 100
70 Six-Days 125
72 Jackpiner 175
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

chicagojerry

hi all. i'm doing all right. a little banged up with some colorful bruises but nothing too serious. by far my worst crash since i started racing ahrma stuff. thanks to everyone for the kind words. singing the nat'l anthem again this morning and then chicago style hot-dogs later today..      chi jer

firstturn

Great picture and you were hauling the wood when you crashed.  Thanks for all you do for racing and all the prep you do to put on the races.  Get well Friend.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Lew Mayer

So was a good time had by all? (except Jerry:() Heal fast,Jerry.
I'll see you at Mountainfest or Athens.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Dale Fisher

Attached is a direct link to the photobucket album.  Sorry, not much motocross due to dust conditions.  :(

http://s957.photobucket.com/albums/ae59/CheneySachs/Diamond%20Don%202011/

Dale Fisher
74 Berkshire 100
70 Six-Days 125
72 Jackpiner 175
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

Lew Mayer

Was the course as fun as it looked? Nice pics. Thanks Dale.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Dale Fisher

Paul B. Post-Vintage X-Cty.

Last race of Saturday - Classic 125 Novice.

Dale Fisher
74 Berkshire 100
70 Six-Days 125
72 Jackpiner 175
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

checkcrew

The heading for the last pic must be a typo,

shouldn't it read Classic 125 Expert,

look at #25 with that Works bike [8D]

SWEET PIC !!!

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

OUCWBOY

Great Photos Dale. It was good to meet you and I must say a great time was had by all!

Donny Smith
Paragould, AR
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Dale Fisher

This was a first attempt at a second gear start to keep the front wheel on the ground since returning to racing.  Pinned the throttle, slipped the clutch momentarily, and this was the end result to the first corner.  Slipped inside the Husky and passed the CZ after the second corner.  Unfortunatley, that lasted briefly (more PT needed).  Three of four races I felt were quality.  The first race I was so geeked up I missed more shifts than the following three motos.  Finished third twice Sportsman 100, third twice Classic 125.  Sam Chappel is on the 106 Penton and may have some video based on the helmet cam.  It's always fun to meet and see old friends again.  Some pictures of a line of Penton's should be coming from the Gresham's.

Dale Fisher
74 Berkshire 100
70 Six-Days 125
72 Jackpiner 175
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

Randy Kirkbride

Great seeing everyone there.

Paul B.

Joe Murphy

Tom Flores

Donny Who???

OUCWBOY

Thanks Randy!! I didn't know you were gonna make it public or I would have dressed up!!!! LOL
Great to see you!

Donny Smith
Paragould, AR
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Lew Mayer

A Team Penton Hat? You are dressed up!

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Dale Fisher

Event report from Diamond Don.

Okay race fans... Here are the numbers from 2011 race weekend.... 1,350 people attended the Diamond Don Vintage Motocross event last week, up from 1,050 the prior year. Race Entries: VMX 335, PMX 300, Cross Country 151, Trials 37. Total racers 823 compared to 855 last year. Vintage and trials were down, but we had more PMX and CC than last year - DD

Dale Fisher
74 Berkshire 100
70 Six-Days 125
72 Jackpiner 175
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

Dale Fisher

Credit to Phil for the attached link and wealth of pictures.  Check this out for about a 15 minute slide show :D

http://tinyurl.com/4542d5h

and a couple from Chuck Gresham

Dale Fisher
74 Berkshire 100
70 Six-Days 125
72 Jackpiner 175
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry