Pipes for CMF Sachs Pentons

Started by imported_n/a, April 04, 2002, 06:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imported_n/a

I know that pipe shrouds and muffler ends are available for Penton Pipes through Al Buehner.  But what about those of us who have pipes that are unusable because of damage to the front of the pipes?  I know Mr. Metalkfab has investigated pipe-benders, but that finished pipes would realistically be priced in the $400+ range.  I spoke to Andy at Ace Racing today about small-bore Penton pipes.  He produces a 250 pipe for about $150.  He said he hasn't seen any demand for him to build a fixture to make 100cc-125cc pipes.  I told him I would try to get an idea of the possible demand from POG.
Do any of you need a pipe for your '72 through, I think, '74 Berkshires or Six-Days bikes?  Andy might be persuaded to produce them affordably (priced the same as the 250?) if we can show him some reason to make the effort.  Maybe they could be built to accommodate the pipe shrouds that are now being offered?  I just wanted to throw this out to the group for whatever feedback I can get.

Glenn

Cathump

I definately need one for my '74 Six Days, and would purchase one.

Rick Terry

Big Bob

I need one for my 1969 six day.

don howard

I need one for a 71 six day 125cc                   don howard

Dwight Rudder

Aircone has NEW pipes for the Steel Tank Pentons
I got one for my 1970 model and it looks wonderful. BUT it took them a year to get it made although Kip Kern did have to send them a frame for fitting. They are about $235 I think,
Dwight Rudder

7 time ISDT / E medalist
7 time National Enduro Class Champion.