Dave & Larry's vintage ride rocked!!!

Started by 400gs6, May 08, 2011, 09:25:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

400gs6

-Just got home from the Dave & Larry vintage event.  Larry (Acemoto) you guys sure know how to entertain!  The riding was incredible with sweet loamy soil and beautiful, vintage friendly single track.  As a special treat, we had the honor to ride with ISDT legend, Don Cutler.  Don ride the same 73 Ossa Desert Phantom that he rode at the Isle of Man!   Don rips like a much younger man, in fact I had all I could do to hang with him!   The day could not have been better, no dust, minimal mud holes and great traction.

The ride was topped off by a cook out put on by Larry that could have fed an army.  Man, what a fun day, great riding and super nice people.  Thanks so much, we had a blast!

Kurt Flachbart
Naples Maine

-Here's a nice shot of Don.

KURT FLACHBART

Jeff D

I've had the honor to ride with Donald at a couple of Reunion Rides, and you are correct, sir, the man still knows how to motor down the trail at race clip!  Amazing to me is how smooth and consistent he is.  He is former New England trials champ (1965 or so) and it shows.  Rarely puts a foot down, spends most of the time up on the pegs, very rarely picks a bad line through gnarly stuff, and never loses forward momentum.  He is 20 years older than me and it is all I can do to stay with him.  One bobble on my part and I'm playing catch up. Plus he is a true gentleman and great all around guy.  He was one of my heroes when I was a teenager in the New England woods, and he still is.  Glad you had a good ride with him, and glad to see him still looking good!

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell

auto

Had a great time.A bunch of good people.A big thanks to Dave and Larry.Now we wait for the next get together.I sure do like oninos.

acemoto

Great day about 65 riders showed up
Besides Don Cutler , Dave Roper the only American to win the Isle of Mann
road race showed up on his Ossa Mountaineer.
I dont know how to ad a photo, if some one could drop me a email I will ad Dave's picture and a picture of riders
The  course was 17 miles lots of fun  the day started at 9:30 and people rode till 5pm
And there were 3 Pentons there this year.
Larry

400gs6

Here you go Larry, Dave Roper on his Ossa.  What a treat to ride with such legends!

KURT FLACHBART

400gs6

Here's the group shot.  Very much looking forward to your next event!  Thanks again,  Kurt

KURT FLACHBART