Vintage weekend

Started by thrownchain, May 10, 2011, 03:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thrownchain

Anyone going to the NE Vintage weekend in Paxinos, Pa , May 21-22? Listed on Marks calender on the VMX site.

adrian_goold

Hey Guys,

I have just been told that i am flying out to the States and will arrive this Sunday in Pittsburgh.
Just so happens that i will be PA (Blairsville) for next week for work checking out some mining machinery we have purchased.
Are there any Penton guys nearby that would like a visit from an Aussie Penton/KTM owner??

I would dearly love to be there earlier and catch this event while over there, but have to attend a wedding on the saturday before leaving.

Regards,
Adrian Goold #101
http://www.ozktm.com

'73 175 Rebuilt.
'74 400 Now Racing!
'78 250 running soon!
'81 250 Now Racing!
'81 495 Engine Work stage.
'84 125 Now racing!
'07 300
Regards,
Adrian Goold #101

dennis foley

dan, im going to try to make it, i had to deal with a family pet emergency last week so i could not make cato. the bikes were all loaded in the trailer but family has to come first.

thrownchain

I wondered what happened. Cato was nice, a natural terrain track. I'm surprized that "Too Fast Racing" hasn't told his story yet. I may head on down for a day, but may not stay for the two.

JCHubbard

This weekend there's a 1 day XC/MX AHRMA north atlantic race in PA as well.  Here's the link:

http://www.wildridetrack.com/index.html

Here's the link for the AHRMA NE XC race next weekend and the event description from mark's vintage swapmeet site.

http://www.irishvalleymx.com

"Sat will be Vintage trials and cross country. Sun will be VMX( vintage/post vintage/ new support class. We can camp free...this place has hot showers! and flush toilets. Food...Nice track with elevation...big jumps will be baypassed! Saturdays 1 hour + 1 lap Cross country will be vintage down pipe friendly. Anybody with a vintage bike is invited. You can roll in Friday and camp all weekend! See website for details and times. irishvalleymx.com then click Register. See you there. Paxinos PA 17860 Dave Driver"

AND THEN, there's the AHRMA National 2 Day Event in OH on May 28th and May 29th.

Sounds like some good racing in the Ohio/PA region for the next few weekends!:) I'm looking forward to it.

John Hubbard
JC Hubbard

Doug Bridges

Hey Adrian, Nice riding pants!

Doug Bridges
73 Jackpiner
74 Rickman Zundapp
78 Suzuki PE175
82 XR200R
Doug Bridges
73 Jackpiner
74 Rickman Zundapp
78 Suzuki PE175
82 XR200R

dennis foley

adrian,you will be about 3.5 hrs from the irish valley mx and about 1.5 hrs from the wild ride track xc, you will be 7 hrs south of me. hopefully somebody closer could meet up with you. enjoy your visit.

adrian_goold

Cheers for the replies guys, but it looks like i am flying in on Sunday evening, and leaving during the week (friday latest).

Thanks Doug! I have retired them now. Was going to look at getting a copy made as they were originals from the day.

Regards,
Adrian Goold #101
http://www.ozktm.com

'73 175 Rebuilt.
'74 400 Now Racing!
'78 250 running soon!
'81 250 Now Racing!
'81 495 Engine Work stage.
'84 125 Now racing!
'07 300
Regards,
Adrian Goold #101

Paul Danik

Adrian,

I am about 1 1/2 hours from Blairsville, in the town of Mars.  Lets see if we can't at least get together for dinner some night. There is a KTM dealer in Murrysville which is just west of Blairsville, I think it is Bentleys, just in case you have any withdrawn symptoms  :)

Here is my email, [email protected]  

I am looking forward to meeting you.

Paul

marsattacks

Adrian, I live in Pittsburgh but will be in Chicago almost all week.  If you send me an email at marsattacks79 "at" gmail.com I will give you some good suggestions of places to see/drink/eat near Blairsville.  But of course you will not want to miss a chance to visit with the President of POG.  Regards, John
Mars Attacks!
68 Planetary/Lunar Lander (very sadly, sold with Gamma death-ray to the Italians)
78 400 MC5 also sadly sold
79 space rock shox bike