VMD Hare scramble question

Started by Mike Berrington, July 14, 2011, 07:43:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Berrington

We are planning on running several bikes in the Harescramble and the MX for the first time this year. We have hand guards on 2 of the bikes but one does not have any.   The rider of the no-hand guard bike is an A rider,  are hand guards really needed?  we were not sure how tight the track is going to be this year.

Any advice on where or, more importantly, where NOT to park?  We will have one 24' enclosed trailer and an open trailer.   We have been to VMD for the past 3 years so we have a good understanding of the layout, but have never parked in the pit area before.

Any other words of wisdom and or advice is always appreciated.

Looking forward to the event!

Mike Berrington
Waynesboro VA.
73 Jackpiner, 77 GS6 175
07 KTM 200w,  09 KTM 300w,  
74 TY250(2),  GT80's(3), 77 IT175
80 CR125, 81 YZ250, 88 YZ250
Mike Berrington
Waynesboro VA.

Mick Milakovic

Mike, I have them on my bikes, but I don't think any of the trails at VMD are that tight to need them.  

As far as parking, if you need a lot of space, get there early.  The gravel area where the "big rigs" stay fills pretty early.  There's lot of space in the rest of the pit area, but it gets further from the MX racing.  I like to get there early afternoon on Thursday and get a pretty good choice of where to park.  Hope this helps,

Mick
Mick

tooclose racing

If he is an A rider, I would certainly agree - less than 10% of the course is "tight".  Forewarned there is a section near the end where you are doing some tree-weaving.  I know I go faster knowing I have the handguards.  

Mike Berrington

Thanks for the input on the hand guards,  he will have to pick his poison... I use hand guards on everything, thinking about putting them on the tractor:)
We can not get there until late Thursday maybe very early Friday, so we will have to be in the grassy area.

Mike Berrington
Waynesboro VA.
73 Jackpiner, 77 GS6 175
07 KTM 200w,  09 KTM 300w,  
74 TY250(2),  GT80's(3), 80 CR125, 81 YZ250, 88 YZ250
Mike Berrington
Waynesboro VA.