Shameless Plug for one of our vendors

Started by KJDonovan, August 09, 2011, 04:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KJDonovan

I just wanted to offer up a plug for Vance Smith.  For anyone who does not know, Vance rebuilds motoplat ignitions to better than new http://motoplatrepair.tripod.com/ .  What I did not know is that he now works on other ignitions as well.  I have had a neighbor's bike in my garage for the past 2 months (68 Kawasaki Roadrunner 120) and I could not locate stator parts anywhere.  I called Vance, he had me wrap up the whole mess and send it to him and vollia!  a week and  a half later everything is back in my mail box and now I have a nice white lightning bolt!  This one would have died a rusty death in some garage without his help.   Just wanted to let everyone know what great work he does.:D

Thanks,
KD

Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner (My Ride)
72 Six Day (Wifes Ride)
71 Yamaha AT1 (Project)
73 Yamaha AT3 (Project)
Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint

pketchum

Yes, Vance Smith can work wonders with electrical systems and is highly regarded in the vintage community both for his personality and enthusiasm for old dirt bikes.  

Note, I did not say anything about his riding ability.  The last time I personally saw him ride was years ago at one of the ISDTRR's in Arkansas when he went over the handlebars breaking his collarbone (ouch!).

Vance has been instrumental in putting many old dirt bikes back on the road through his electrical prowess!

Phil Ketchum
Phast Phil
Moderator, Hodaka Owners Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hodaka

CWilson

I am also a very pleased customer of Vance Smith!  He repaired my dead motoplat and my Penton rips again!  Excellent communication, quick turn around, and much more affordable than the alternative ignitions on the market.  Kudos to Mr. Smith!  It's time to hit the trails!

Craig Wilson
Craig Wilson

tomale

thanks posting the info, I have a motoplat that I want fixed and it looks like he will not be taking any more work after oct. 12th and will not be back until spring so now is the time to get it done, quess what I am doing in the next day or so??

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
74'250 hare scrambler (project)
74' 1/2 440 maico
78' 440 maico
72' cr125 Husky (project)
93' RMx 250 suzuki

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W