Searching for old Penton

Started by Ellis, April 26, 2002, 04:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ellis

My grandfather owned and later sold a '67 Penton, frame number V006.  Does anyone have any ideas about how to begin to search for this motorcycle.  It is very important.  Thank you for any help you can provide.

Paul Danik

Ellis,
   Did your grandfather buy the bike new?
The first 10 Pentons that were built were shipped by air to the USA. Several of that first batch are accounted for.  I do believe I know who has V006. Send me an email direct and I'll try and help you out.
My email is  [email protected]
Paul

Paul Danik

If anyone has information on V006 please help
Ellis.  My information was incorrect. Sorry for the error.
Paul

Ellis

Yes, he bought the Penton new.  He rode Jack Pine with Bill, Jeff, and John Penton.  His name was Ellis Clement.  I met the owner of the V003 at his funeral yesterday.  We could account for the first, second, third, but did not know about the sixth.

metalkfab

It's funny how things come up in this forum.On April 17th,I stopped at a gas station in Brunswick,Ohio to fuel up to go riding and a fellow saw my 'Piner and stated he had a green tanked Penton,serial #6.Told me he bought locally from a old fellow and said it was in mint conditon.I gave him some POG info and told him to join the club.I'll do some search through my notes and maybe I can find his name.He did state that he know he had something of value. Also,Ellis,Are you related to Ron Clement of Brunswick ?

Larry Perkins

The POG thinks it will have a mundane discussion on oil viscosity, but not today.  Today they will ride through- The Twilight Zone. Do do do do, do do do do...

Keep us posted on this one guys.  TOO COOL!

Paul Danik

Karl,
   Riding, you actually rode your Piner!!!! I hope the " Still Keeping Track " camera crew and interview geru, " No Email AL " Buehner were along for the test session. How was your ride, and I am happy to here the info on V006.

metalkfab

Still no info on #6 yet,but I will continue to dig . And, yes I did have my 'Piner out-twice already at Smith Road Raceway on the past wednesdays.I was the only vintage biker there and got some really funny looks.One fellow said"I wouldn't ride it,I'd just display it !". Ha! These bikes were built to ride,even if I could only battle with the minicycles! Jack Penton's daughter was out there watching and even she thought it was "cool" to see her grandfathers'bike on the track.It was a BLAST!! And I only fell once!Maybe next week I'll shift it into third and see what happens.

Ellis

Just to add info.  Yes it was a green tank, yes, it was in mint condition, and yes it was #6.  Now all I have to do is find that man at the brunswick gas station.  Sorry, but I don't know a Ron Clement.  There seems to be a lot of them all over the place though.  And yes, Klaben Ford is in Kent.  Oh, and I will do some checking into the title bureau on Monday.  Thank you all for all of your help.

Ellis

By the way, my grandpa used to live about mile and a half down the road from the Smith Road Raceway on the corner of Smith and Bachtell.  That's where the Penton resided for most of its life.  When we bought the house, we would go out in the backyard and listen to the bikes from long range.  Apparently, it's a very small world.

metalkfab

Ellis,I've checked all my notes and come up blank on the fellow with #6.If I ever run into him or hear anything ,I will inform you.Sorry that this lead dried up due to my ineptness to record valued data.Let this be a lesson to all that read this---MAKE NOTES and FILE them where you can FIND them!

Paul Danik

At the POG meeting last Thursday evening I asked about Ellis Clement. John Penton had some really nice things to say about your grandfather.  All of us will be looking for more info on V006 and hopefully the search will be fruitful.  Do you have any photos of your grandfather and his Penton?  Paul