E15 independent scientific analysis

Started by wfopete, October 14, 2011, 08:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wfopete

Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

sixdazed

I see the effects every day of this crap they are passing off as gasoline.And that's just the 10% stuff!
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

Hank McCurdy

This ethanol-laced fuel has cost taxpayers many many millions of dollars, for repairs to cars, boats, motorcycles, lawn care equipment, etc., etc. This significant cost to the consumer is never factored in and that is really outrageous. Why is this stuff forced on us? Not for the environment - it increases emissions while lowering fuel economy - the only thing 'green' about it is the cash somebody is raking in. It's another sad example, on a long list, of the average American getting shafted so the people who really run things can get richer.

jimpal

Related to the ethanol fuel problem, I have read & reread all the posts about what fuel to use in our pentons, and I am thoroughly confused. There is such a difference of opinion!. Another problem is when you live near a major city in Texas, it is against the law for that county, or any adjoining county to sell no-ethanol fuel. Because of that, there is no place to get the fuel that many recommed. I can get aviation fuel, but many of the posts warn against using that..I am wondering where do guys get their fuel who live in the Houston, Dallas, or San Antonio areas..Any other suggestions? Hope this has not shown my ignorance, but until a couple of weeks ago, I did not know that ethenol fuel harmed bike engines..I thank Thrownchain for telling me!

Jim
1972 Jackpiner
1974 Hodaka Dirt Squirt
Jim
1972 Jackpiner
1974 Hodaka Dirt Squirt

wfopete

If you are really passionate about it I would recommend VP U4.4. or MRX01.

Check: http://www.vpracingfuels.com/motocross.html

Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

Lloyd Boland

Pete,
V4.4 and MRX01 are both oxygenated.  I was under the impression that the best fuel would be leaded and non-oxygenated.  I went to the VP website listed and they had 18 different racing fuel. The old standard C12 and VP-110 are the only two that are leaded and non-oxygenated as far as I could tell.  Advice from the experts in fuel would be appreciated. (It will probably end up like the oil/oil mixture debate, but I think a discussion on this from different people would be helpful to us amateurs.)

Thanks for any input.

Lloyd

jimpal

Talked with a technician at VP Fuels, and he says for a vintage
motorcycle use C-12. It is non-oxygenated and leaded. I found it
at Smileys Racing @ 10.95 per gallon. I was told it can be stored
in any type container in a cool place, for a reasonable length of time.

Jim
1972 Jackpiner
1974 Hodaka Dirt Squirt
Jim
1972 Jackpiner
1974 Hodaka Dirt Squirt

wfopete

Lloyd your right. I just didn't think you would need something with 108 octane rating. Even at the high cost if your just using it to compete it would go a long way in most applications.

Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

OUCWBOY

Man I miss the old days in Texas and Oklahoma, when you could stop at a SUNOCO and dial the octane you wanted.

Donny Smith
Paragould, AR
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

wfopete

Yeah, a little SUNOCO 260 and you're on your way!

Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

sixdazed

I see the effects every day of this crap they are passing off as gasoline.And that's just the 10% stuff!
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

Hank McCurdy

This ethanol-laced fuel has cost taxpayers many many millions of dollars, for repairs to cars, boats, motorcycles, lawn care equipment, etc., etc. This significant cost to the consumer is never factored in and that is really outrageous. Why is this stuff forced on us? Not for the environment - it increases emissions while lowering fuel economy - the only thing 'green' about it is the cash somebody is raking in. It's another sad example, on a long list, of the average American getting shafted so the people who really run things can get richer.

jimpal

Related to the ethanol fuel problem, I have read & reread all the posts about what fuel to use in our pentons, and I am thoroughly confused. There is such a difference of opinion!. Another problem is when you live near a major city in Texas, it is against the law for that county, or any adjoining county to sell no-ethanol fuel. Because of that, there is no place to get the fuel that many recommed. I can get aviation fuel, but many of the posts warn against using that..I am wondering where do guys get their fuel who live in the Houston, Dallas, or San Antonio areas..Any other suggestions? Hope this has not shown my ignorance, but until a couple of weeks ago, I did not know that ethenol fuel harmed bike engines..I thank Thrownchain for telling me!

Jim
1972 Jackpiner
1974 Hodaka Dirt Squirt
Jim
1972 Jackpiner
1974 Hodaka Dirt Squirt

wfopete

If you are really passionate about it I would recommend VP U4.4. or MRX01.

Check: http://www.vpracingfuels.com/motocross.html

Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

Lloyd Boland

Pete,
V4.4 and MRX01 are both oxygenated.  I was under the impression that the best fuel would be leaded and non-oxygenated.  I went to the VP website listed and they had 18 different racing fuel. The old standard C12 and VP-110 are the only two that are leaded and non-oxygenated as far as I could tell.  Advice from the experts in fuel would be appreciated. (It will probably end up like the oil/oil mixture debate, but I think a discussion on this from different people would be helpful to us amateurs.)

Thanks for any input.

Lloyd