Pentons in Australia

Started by clouseau, April 29, 2002, 03:52:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clouseau

I'm looking around for any contacts for Penton motorcycles in Australia. Is there any one down under who is riding/restoring these bikes. I am looking to buy one and restore it for VMX. Last rode one in 1972 (a 175cc enduro) when they were sold in a motorcycle shop in East Maitland, New South Wales by a fellow named Winston Stokes who raced them in enduro's. Any information regarding what year & model to buy would be appreciated from POG members. I didn't realise that they still had such a following till I found your website.

S.A.Casey
S.A.Casey

Larry Perkins

I believe most all of the bikes that went to Aussieland were sent and sold as KTM instead of Penton.  I have dealt with some of the guys that race those there because they bought parts from me.  We have redos of the tank stickers if you find a KTM and want it to be a Penton.  There is a big KTM supplier there for some early parts but the name escapes me.  A tidbit of info but maybe not much help.

clouseau

Larry, thanks for the info. After I sent my message I spoke to a friend who worked at the shop. He confirmed that they were KTM motorcycles, but one was 'done up' by the owner Winston Stokes as a Penton.

S.A.Casey
S.A.Casey

Doug Wilford

One of our Austrailian POG members is Brad Lewis  53 Lewin St. Inverell, NSW try giving him a call.  Good luck.

adrian_goold

I own and ride a KTM '73 175 in Australia!
Ride the bike in the NSW VMX club called HEAVEN VMX inc.
//www.heaven-vmx.f2s.com
Will be at Barleigh Ranch near Raymond Terrace on 19th May for the 3rd Round of our Series.
Look for the blue tank KTM and you'll find me!
Reply to me by email if you like.

Regards,
Adrian Goold
'73 175 running
'78 250 running soon!
'80 250 project
'81 495 project
'00 250exc running
Regards,
Adrian Goold #101