Started by BlueRidgePathfinder, January 19, 2012, 07:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lew Mayer

Another guy to be lapped by. Probably 2 or 3 times. [:0]
Those Six-Day guys are awesome.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

brian kirby

TC is still unreal fast. At the '10 Tennessee Qualifier, Historic Open and PV 50+ were grouped together so I was in his moto. Being the optimist that I am, I said, "Oh sure, he's a multi-time National Enduro champ, multi-time ISDT/E Trophy Team member, but I'll see how long I can hang onto him anyway." Well...it was about 10 seconds...maybe. Here is the video, I had a bad spot on the gate, TC was on the inside, but it wasnt going to make any difference anyway, 3-4 turns in and he is streaking off into the distance.

https://vimeo.com/album/1228967/video/15244028

Brian
Brian

Gene Saunders

I will send my money in this week. It's got to be in by March 2nd!!!

BlueRidgePathfinder

Howdy folks,

As of yesterday we have 51 pre-entries for our 4th Annual Carolinas White Lightning Cross Country Classic.

Last year I believe we had like 18 pre-entries, but ended up with over 50 racers.

Sooooo.....I wonder what this year holds?  We'll be ready.

Hope to see you all hear in a little over a week.

Happy trails,

Al Roof, founder & president
The Blue Ridge Pathfinders Motorcycle Club (Est. 1991)

Lew Mayer

Nice weather, please. Like last year. I hope the food is as good as last year, too.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

BlueRidgePathfinder

Quotequote:Originally posted by Lew Mayer

Nice weather, please. Like last year. I hope the food is as good as last year, too.

Lew Mayer

Lew,

We have ordered up good weather for this year too.  If is half as nice as this past weekend we are in for a treat.

We worked on staking out the grass tracks and double checked the course arrowing yesterday under crystal clear Carolina Blue skies and temperatures in the upper 60's.  It was gorgeous!

The long range weather forecast is calling for partly cloudy skies on Saturday and Sunday with high temperatures in the mid-70's.  Near perfect racing conditions.

Don't forget we are offering a steak dinner and movies Saturday night.
Steak, cooked to order, with baked potato, garden salad and tea.  $12 each.

We will also offer a Country Ham breakfast Sunday morning.  Eggs (Scrambled or Over Medium), Grits, Country Ham, Biscuits and Sawmill Gravy. $5 each.

We look forward to seeing you this weekend.

All the best,

Al Roof

rfpotter

Weather is supposed to be good this next week,low percentages of rain when any is called for. It was 78* at my house today (Tenn/NC/ I-40 area).

A word of warning. I-75 Southbound has been closed in Tennessee just south of Kentucky. The Jellico Mountain area if you are familiar with the route. Embankment is giving away. They are trying to construct a crossover which would mean one lane each way at best. The detour is on US 25 W which is an old two lane passing through Lafollette Tn and is slow on good days. I-75 has a lot of truck traffic bound for Atlanta and points southeast. Consider your options.

Also this weekend is the NASCAR race at Bristol. This means a lot more traffic on I-81 in the Bristol area obviously. It also means there will be every Tennessee State Trooper and Virginia State Police available on duty, and they won't be in a talking mood.

Good Luck Everybody,
Patrick Houston
Cosby, Tennessee

Tim Brown

Does anyone have race results? Was there a match up with Veator and TC? I planned to come, but an emergency came up.
thanks,
Tim Brown

BlueRidgePathfinder

Quotequote:Originally posted by Tim Brown

Does anyone have race results? Was there a match up with Veator and TC? I planned to come, but an emergency came up.
thanks,
Tim Brown

Tim,

The results should be posted soon on the AHRMA website at:

http://www.moto-tally.com/AHRMA/Results.aspx

Unfortunately Terry was not able to attend do to a situation arising at work.

Tommy Veator was FLYING, as usual.

We had a great turnout and mostly good weather.  We are so thankful for the increased participation this year, and are already looking to next year.

It was especially nice to see so many fine folks from The Penton Owners Group and there beautiful bikes.  

Someone please send me an easy to follow tutorial for posting photos here.  I have some that I would really like to share.  

Looks like we are going to have to impose a 100 rider limit from now on, as we do with our annual Armenia Dual Sport Ride which is held each May.

More to follow.

Al Roof, founder & president

Ernie Phillips

Hole Shot: Day 2.  Preparation Monkey Butt-- AE Hart being treated by Rokon Murphy.
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

Ernie Phillips

thru the woods[:p]

Across the fields:D

and need fork springs. [:o)] 44u Kid Christopher

Al, Greg, and Crew:  Thanks for a fantastic weekend.  This is our 6th year in AHRMA and White Lightining XC was the BEST of ALL.  Also, a big thanks to POG for continuing support of Cross Country.  Any photos of the real hole shot Saturday Expert [8D]

Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Ernie P.
Chattanooga, TN

BlueRidgePathfinder

Ernie P.,

As always, it was good to see the Phillip/Hart/Kirby clan.

Thank y'all for coming.  

I'm glad you had a good time.

It surely was good to see all those Pentons running around all weekend.

Any suggestions for making our event even better?

Happy trails,

Al "Lumberjack" Roof, Founder & President

fastwillie8568

Great time at White Lightning this week end great racing and great food keep up the good work I will be back next year.