4th Annual Carolinas White Lightning Cross Country

Started by BlueRidgePathfinder, January 19, 2012, 07:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gene Saunders

I really don't know how it could get any better. Great track, great food, great place to camp and great friends. Even supercross on a big t.v.

BlueRidgePathfinder

Guys, I cannot tell you how proud I am that you all enjoyed our event.  We surely look forward to having you all come back and ride and play with us next year.

By the way, in Bill Ryburn's absence I am writing an article about our Carolinas White Lightning Cross Country Classic for AHRMA's Vintage Views magazine.

If you have the time and inclination, I would love to have a paragraph or two from you describing your observations and experience at our event.

Thanks,

Al Roof
[email protected]

BlueRidgePathfinder

Howdy folks!

Beeza Alex Sohn, from Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina (via Heilbronn, Germany), who rode his number 652 BSA to 3rd place finished both days in the Classic Intermediate Class, has posted his helmet cam footage from the rainy Sunday session of our race on YouTube at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-rusW0zuUA

Thanks Alex!

Enjoy!

Al

C. Al Roof, founder & president
The Blue Ridge Pathfinder Motorcycle Club (Est. 1991)

BlueRidgePathfinder

Another great video from the drier Day 1.

Thanks 74huskyrider!

http://youtu.be/TDCHl28MeZc

Happy trails,

Al Roof

BlueRidgePathfinder

Final tally from our Carolinas White Lightning Cross Country Classic. 69 individual racers competed over the course of the two days and we netted $1,792.00 from the gate fee and meals sold to donate to The Armenia United Methodist Church.

1   Jerry Allison (HOD)
2   Trey Allison (HOD)
3   Frank Anella (HON)
4   Jerry Atchison (HUS)
5   Greg Barratt (PUC) (YAM)
6   Dennis Brown (HUS)
7   Clay Burton (HON)
8   Lynn Burton (YAM)
9   Frankie Carroll (HON)
10   Joseph Cole (HUS)
11   Bob Diffee (KAW)
12   John Dinunzio (CZ)
13   Mark Eichhorn (   )
14   Matt Evans (HON) (SUZ)
15   John Friedli (   ) (HUS)
16   Dwight Gill (PEN)
17   Mark Gilmore (HON)
18   Polly Grow (HON)
19   Timothy Grow (HUS) (HUS)
20   Jerry Harris (CAM)
21   Arthur Hart (HUS)
22   William Haschak (YAM)
23   Becky Hayes (YAM)
24   Craig Hayes (HUS)
25   Bruce Hughes (   )
26   Jim Hunsberger (TRI)
27   Rick Huth (   )
28   Bryan Johnson (HUS)
29   Greg Johnson (HON)
30   Jason Keplinger (HON)
31   John Knapp (GRE)
32   Dave Kutskel (YAM)
33   David Lamberth (HON) (KAW)
34   Zahn Lewis (SUZ) (HUS) (HON)
35   Richard Light (KAW)
36   Brad Mclean (YAM)
37   Lewis Mayer (PEN)
38   David Miller (TRI)
39   Wesley Miller (OSS) (PEN)
40   Michael Murphy (ROK)
41   Keith Parker (   )
42   Whitey Parker (HON)
43   Eric Peacock (HON)
44   Christopher Phillips (PEN) (PEN)
45   Ernest Phillips (PEN)
46   Robbie Proffitt (YAM)
47   Max Richardson (TRI)
48   Scott Robirds (HUS)
49   Mitchell Roop (YAM)
50   Corky Root (HOD)
51   Van Rudolph (CAM)
52   Gene Saunders (PEN) (HON)
53   Brian Shaffer (HON)
54   Mark Siebert (ROK)
55   Alexander Sohn (BSA)
56   James Smith (BSA) (CAM)
57   Rhett Smith (MCO)
58   Alex Snoop (Ossa)
59   Lee Stebleton (HON)
60   Leo Stinnett (HOD)
61   Marty Strouse (HUS)
62   Danny Sullivan (OSS)
63   Joe Terry (HON) (HON)
64   Scott Thompson (AJS)
65   Fred Veator (HON) (HON)
66   Tommy Veator (HON)
67   Raymond Weiss (   )
68   Darrell Welborn (SUZ)
69   Mike Zdybak (YAM)

mike scholl

Al,

After watching the You Tube video's of this year's race I couldn't wait to ask my better half if we could use part of our vacation time next year to attend this event and she answered "Yes" It appeared to be an excellent layout with alot of hard work and dedication involved. How long was the course? While watching the videos I was also watching the time and it seemed longer than (6)miles.
The terrain reminded me of Ohio where I am from. I can promise you that I will tell all the Southern Ohio boy's about this event and who knows maybe we can get a Kevin Brown, TC, Gary Roach, Tim Shephard match up along with all the other fast guy's!

Thank you again for all your hard work.

Mike Scholl

Fleet of J&J Cycles Vintage Racing Machines

BlueRidgePathfinder

Quotequote:Originally posted by mike scholl

Al,

After watching the You Tube video's of this year's race I couldn't wait to ask my better half if we could use part of our vacation time next year to attend this event and she answered "Yes" It appeared to be an excellent layout with alot of hard work and dedication involved. How long was the course? While watching the videos I was also watching the time and it seemed longer than (6)miles.
The terrain reminded me of Ohio where I am from. I can promise you that I will tell all the Southern Ohio boy's about this event and who knows maybe we can get a Kevin Brown, TC, Gary Roach, Tim Shephard match up along with all the other fast guy's!

Thank you again for all your hard work.

Mike Scholl

Fleet of J&J Cycles Vintage Racing Machines

Mike,

I'm glad you like what you saw.  Wait until you read my article in the upcoming issue of Vintage Views, you will be hooked.

According to the odometer on landowner Marvin Grant's Honda Recon ATV, the course was 5.8 miles long.  I agree with you, having ridden the course, it seems longer.  Let me assure you, you will not become bored.

We would love to have you, Kevin Brown, TC, Gary Roach, Tim Shephard and the crew come ride with next year.  Make plans now, as my thoughts are to have a 100 rider cutoff.  We want to retain the casual, festival like atmosphere while raising money for a very good cause.

Happy trails,

Al "Lumberjack" Roof