Inter Am LaRue, Ohio 1969

Started by Matt Zeri, January 26, 2012, 02:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Zeri

Now on you tube, enter Inter Am 1969. Showed up at the track, Oct 1969 I think. Went in trailer to register, talked to Edison Dye, he told me to see John Penton( I think). Asked where I raced, I said all
over midwest.With question, he let me in. 35 of the worlds best motocrossers and me!! Had a new 360 CZ, practice,Roger DeCoster and Joel Robert waiting to go out,I sit behind them, they look at my bike
like where did you get that! Race day, lined up for introduction,stand up,take a bow, Torsten Halman next to me said.A bit embarassing. Ran one moto,had the flu,after the moto,pull my helmet off,sweat and crap running out of my nose, I look over and Dave Bickers looks as bad as me. Made me feel good!2nd moto all Roger,he wiped them on his twin-pipe 250. What an experience,what a memory! In those days one could talk your way into a Inter Am, that didn't last!!

checkcrew

Matt, hi and welcome,

great story, i can vision what you were feeling then, rubbing elbo's with the world's best, a little BS and you were in - LOL -

i will check out the You-tube,
thanks,

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

tofriedel

Amazing info.  LaRue is about 10 miles from my hometown of Kenton, OH.  Unfortunately, I wasn't living there when this event took place.
Larue is a very small community, one of those places you can drive through and not know it.

I thought the only historical event LaRue ever had was that at one time it was the home of the Great Jim Thorpe when he was a a youngster.

Tony
Tony