ISDTVQ Meridian MS

Started by Dwight Rudder, March 29, 2012, 11:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwight Rudder

Who is attending the Meridian Ms ISDT Vintage Qualifier next month ?
I am thinking hard about riding my 1973 Penton Jackpiner. That bike is a rocketship !

Joe Murphy

I'm going to try to get there.

dennis brown

i will be there,any one know what the course is like, woods sand rocks? thanks

dennis l.brown
dennis l.brown

Bamamarc

Will be there. May ride my Six Day. Great place to ride.
Marc Hodge

chicagojerry

i would love to go there but i'll be at my first ahrma trustee meeting the same weekend...    chi jer

Dwight Rudder

Very Sandy soil. Some tight woods and hills.  It gets better if it rains.

Jeff D

I would love to go, but can't make it.  Talked to Greg Holder this week and he promised me I'd be missing a great ride.  Way to rub it in!  No doubts that everyone going will have a ball!

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell

Dwight Rudder

I heard we would be running loops through the camp so we can go by and fuel at your vehicle.  

Dwight Rudder

I will be riding my Jeff Penton Replica Jackpiner for sure. Last time I had a detonation problem and limped to finish after leading for a couple laps. I found trash in carb stopping up my main jet. DUH. I never pulled my carb apart to clean it before. It is running great again ! I want Uncle John to see me riding the Penton 175 at the ISDT Reunion this year.  I heard that Greg Holder will be riding his Dane Leimbach Replica Berkshire. It looks like Dane's bike from the 1973 ISDT. Damn, I miss him.

Dwight Rudder

Looking forward to this event. I heard that they couldn't decide what the daily milage should be .  2 or 3 loops of 12 miles each.  I for sure hope that Saturday should be at least 3 loops and 2 on Sunday with MX. I think that otherwise folks will not think that driving a long way is worth the trip.

Joe Murphy

sorry I'm not there.  please have a geat ride everybody

Dwight Rudder

I believe everyone had a great time.  I think the MMA event was a hit.
Dwight

brian kirby

Brian

brian kirby

Notice, in every pic I have two fingers on the clutch lever. :D

Brian
Brian

Dwight Rudder

My knee feels like it will be OK.  It is still swollen and black and blue. I want to thank everyone who stopped to help me up after that crash. I will be putting a 1/2" longer set of shocks on this bike to increase ground clearance. I thought I had 13" shocks. I actually had 12.5".  Also thinking of lowering the gearing from a 52T to a 55T. What is everyone using for a main jet with the Jackpiner 30mm Bing ?  I am getting just a bit of detonation when pushing it hard.
OH, Also saw shoulder Doc today and he thinks my main problem is severe arthritis in my shoulders. We are going to try anti inflamatories and physical therapy.  Only other option is shoulder replacement.