How the POG Works

Started by doncw, April 26, 2012, 01:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doncw

A couple of months ago I posted a request for help to get a bike to Unadilla. Chicago Jerry answered immediately and offered a bike to ride in the Vintage MX.
Then he picked up a '76 MC5 250 from VA and did some work on it. Then again thanks to Chicago Jerry I was able to get my '76 250 to Diamond Don's and race for three days. There were lots of challenges in shaking down a bike you have never seen before. Fortunately Jerry had a spare bike that donated a wheel and shifter.
Then Jerry shares his bike for the Saturday Vintage MX with ME and Dawn the photography gal.
The picture i'm attempting to draw is that Thanks to POG I met Chi-Jer and his lovely wife Chris. They not only do all this for me but worked on Diamond don's bikes, set up the XC, mowed grass, kept us fed and housed then officiated for AHRMA in addition to Jerry riding and Chris scoring races and helping numerous other racers. (most notably Guy Cooper that put on a show on his Pentons that should have been recorded for many reasons)
So now I have new friends in Ohio and there are more Pentons being raced. That is what the POG is about.
Thank you Jerry and Chris of all you care and hopitality! looking forward to more fun and racing in Unadilla!

Gene Saunders

Yea, That Jerry"s a cool guy!!  (Don't tell him I said that)