John Penton Movie Update...

Started by mxfiles, May 24, 2012, 02:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale Fisher

To Todd and all,  I have been busy with getting the message out via various methods.  The latest being a post on Mark's VMX site.  Unfortunately, I am unable to attend the rewind this weekend.  If there is going to be representation has anyone thought about putting up/out some information and asking for donations?  Ride a Penton(s) for $$? [:p]

I may try to dream something up for Road America although the attendance will be nothing compared to Unadilla [?]

Dale Fisher
POG Memberships
74 Berkshire 100
70 Six-Days 125
73 Jackpiner 175
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

ALB

I'm in.

After reading about what further filming is going to be done that includes going to Europe with Jack and John I knew that I had to help out. The POG has filmed interviews with John at the Penton homestead, The 40th anniversary event, Kalman Cseh presentation at our Penton Day at the AMA, and many others. This was done by volunteer POG members (mainly Ted Guthrie and his wife Reb). They have done an outstanding job of capturing the stories in detail that only us Penton enthusiasts can appreciate without getting bored. Most of this is "raw" footage that is a vital part of our documented archives.

The John Penton story is a wonderful success story that needs to be put together in video format in a way that will catch the attention of average person. This is a story that everyone needs to see. This can only be done by someone who has film making experience who has contacts with people in the industry to do it right. A piece of the story is Kalman Cseh with KTM in Austria, filming where and how John made his deals in Europe and Todd is providing the opportunity to accomplish all of this.

The recent passing of Al Born and Dane Leimbach (last year) is a warning message that time is growing short in putting something like this together. This is the time to "get 'er done".

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

mxfiles

Quotequote:Originally posted by Dale Fisher

To Todd and all,  I have been busy with getting the message out via various methods.  The latest being a post on Mark's VMX site.  Unfortunately, I am unable to attend the rewind this weekend.  If there is going to be representation has anyone thought about putting up/out some information and asking for donations?  Ride a Penton(s) for $$? [:p]

I may try to dream something up for Road America although the attendance will be nothing compared to Unadilla [?]

Dale Fisher
POG Memberships

74 Berkshire 100
70 Six-Days 125
73 Jackpiner 175

Dale,

I was suppose to go to Unadilla but had to back out at the last minute. Alex Moroz of the Legends and Heroes tour will be passing out flyers for movie project.

We have also reached out to KTM Austria, Alpinestars, Acerbis and the Trail Blazers... Need to keep pressure on.

Thanks!

Todd

kenbike

Guys we need to all get on the phone or the internet and contact every KTM dealer and tell them about the movie and to get info on their intranet news websites.  I am contacting Dirt Rider, Cycleworld, Motorcyclest, and Motorcycle consumer news today and encouraging them to place as a news flash on their web sites.  I called the AMA and waiting for a call back from the web news department.  If you are on any motorcycle web sites get the word out!  If you belong to any off road groups, get the word out.  We need to get a lot more folks involved.
I will also call KTM in Amherst and talk with Mike and encourage him to help.

kenbike

Good News!
I have gotten Cycleworld and the AMA to agree to put a stroy on thier website about the movie fund drive.  They said it will be on no later than Monday.
In addition I have calls into DirtRider, Motorcyclist, and Malcom Smith.  I was trying to get a message to Billy Joel because he is a big bike fan and hope he could help spread the word.

Paul Danik

Ken,

Great work...

Ed Youngblood did a piece about the movie fund raiser in his latest MotoHistory update.

If any of you feel that you would buy a copy of the video please consider making a pledge that includes a copy of the video and help to make this happen. Every pledge helps and please help to spread the word.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/toddhuffman/the-john-penton-story-narrated-by-lyle-lovett

Thanks,
Paul

Randy Kirkbride

Paul Danik

In case any of you haven't noticed, every time the number of backers increases by 10 they are added to the list.

7 more Randy and you will be listed ... :)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/toddhuffman/the-john-penton-story-narrated-by-lyle-lovett/backers

Thanks,
Paul

hanksie

mxfiles

Good morning all! well we passed the $10,000 mark on this in about 12 days. We have a long way to go. I do believe people are inherently lazy and busy so we're hoping we see a BIIGGG spike in this in another week or so. People will say "Oh s--t, I've got to do this".

Please get the word out if you can and have faith!

Best,

Todd

P.S And Dale, we did have some flyers that were passed out in Unadilla last week I am told-Thx!

KJDonovan

I'm in.  Hoping some large corporate sponsors follow all the rest of us!

KD

Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner (My Ride)
72 Six Day (Wifes Ride)
71 Suzuki TS125 (Project)
Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint

kenbike

The fund drive made some real progress today!  We need each and every member of POG to make their pledges ASAP. If the corporate sponsors start to see good progress we all have a much greater opportunity to help this story be told.  Get your riding buddies, your family, and your local dealer involved! Every pledge is so important to help the goal being achieved.

thrownchain

kenbike

The board of directors voted last night to make a $1000 pledge, so we still need all of the members to make their own pledges soon!

mxfiles

Hi All!

Some good news! Looks like Lyle Lovett will be on Speed with Dave Despain Sunday on "Wind Tunnel". He will be talking about the movie project, his love of motorcycles and the Penton brand!

I will keep you posted with details!

Looks like we have 23 backers of 110 so far from this POG site. Total is 11.62% of total with POG site total of $4300.

Are there more of you out there that still need to pledge? Please do so sooner than later to keep momentum building...we have 10 days.  PUSH others too! Send emails, make calls, facebook posts, etc.

Let's get there!